a conflict between Nod32 and Avast4, Help needed..

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by minacross, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

2. marti

marti Registered Member

Mina,

Which AV is your resident monitor? You can only have one.

You need to set up one AV as primary with the resident monitor enabled (and email protection if desired). The other AV should be set up so that no part of the program is loading at startup. The secondary AV will be used for full system scans and "right-click" checking only.

Failure to set up your system as I described can only cause problems.

3. minacross

I used to use Avast4 as my on-access scanner and Nod32 as my backup on-demand scanner (As I post it before that I have an illegal operation error regarding both explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe, running win98se. Kindly check https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12841).
    I do not load 2 AV at the same time ..
    As you can see in the Avast4 forum thread that only Avast4 components are loaded, I do not know how Nod32 loads amon.vxd while both nod32krn.exe and nod32kui.exe are not loaded o_O o_O

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Using 2 AV systems at the same time is kinda risky and can produce lot of fun. If i remenber correctly in NOD manual there is such a nice warning :cool:

5. minacross

a few days ago I uninstalled Avast4 (to check some iNEWS problem) then installed eTrust 7 promo as my on-access scanner and unchecked both NOD32kernel and nod32kui without unloading/renaming amon.vxd..
    When I tried to create eicar.com file , eTrust detected and stopped it at once..
    I do not understand exactly why Avast4 - only - is conflicting with Nod32 ? o_O o_O

6. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

AV programs are installing themselves so deep in the system that any non conventional or non standart programming approach may result in conflicts..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.