A christmas gift for the women on the forum

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by bigc73542, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

WOW! Vet Buddy, you sure read a lot into what was two lines of tongue-in-cheek rubbish.

But whatever offended you I retract totally with profuse apologies.

I would hope that will suffice, but I'm still really at a loss as to how you read so much into so little.

Regards, Cochise, :cool: (Backing very quietly out of this Thread)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We all have to remember a few things...

First, we're all going to have different ideas about just what security is, and how much of it is necessary based upon what we do. We all are online for different purposes. Some people want simple enjoyment and don't want to take a lot of time worrying about security. For them it is probably best to get a few good tools, take a little time to figure them out and configure them, and then if something should happen to go wrong, places like Wilders are here to help them.

There is nothing wrong with this approach.

Others like to tweak and configure things. They like to try all kinds of different software and in fact, for some all this tweaking and software testing is what they like to do with their computers. (I'm one of those myself.)

Yes, sometimes when people with these different perspectives come together, they look at how the other group does things and they disagree... That's fine. Let's just try to keep this from being personal.

In fact, here in ten-forward you'd hope to not have too much conflict. This section is really for entertainment and socializing. Please, let's try to not take too personally the things others post here.

Oh, and let's not forget this thread: No offense?! Yes, really!!

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'll drink to that! :D :D :D......Vive le difference....

Cochise, :cool:

4. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

HI VIETNAM_VET,

A picture is worth a thousand words...
    Your post was more valuable to me than long flowery speeches.
    Especially after seeing two nasty webbugs on it.
    Many people dislike cookies but many people don't know about webbugs which are the real spies.

Not long after I've got my first pc last year, I read a book from Hendric Wehr on "Windows XP" and he kept repeating that the most revealing things weren't the cookies but rather the Webbugs for they are capable of collecting so much info on you:

"Webbugs: "They are the real Spies"

He went on and say that they'd collect info on : your IP address, the address of the page you are visiting, the time you're visiting that page, which browser you used, and the content of a cookie associated with your webbug.

It is always good knowing if a page contains Webbugs or not.
    They are the real spies, more than the "cookies". So, your input was very interesting.

But knowing Cochise, I know that he didn't mean any harm but rather made good fun. See how he "mistreated" me with my "Snowflafes" thread?!

Regards,

Uguel :)

5. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

What? o_O
    I might not be one of Shakespeare's daughters but I am one of Molière's ...So please say:

"Vive la différence" instead!

Uguel :D :D :cool:

6. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey Beetlejuice!

Here's a dolly kiss as a present for you!
    Hope you'll like it! ;)

Uguel

Attached Files:

7. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Actually, that post probably came across sounding much more harsh than it was really meant to be. I tried to insert smilies at strategic places in that post, but for some reason, the board wouldn't let me! Maybe my security settings got in the way, what do you think? :rolleyes:

Cochise, my remark to you was supposed to look like this:

And what makes you think that I would want to see a bunch of men in their underwear, anyway? :D

Hopefully, that would put that in a different context than it appeared the first time. Should have kept that in a separate reply, anyway.

As to the rest of that post, what I tried to say is exactly what LWM just expressed about everyone's different approach and respecting that approach. If you reread that post, I believe you will see that. My mistake was replying while in an irritated frame of mind, because bigc73542's remarks about being glad that he hadn't fell into the paranoia trap did truly irritate me. The only way I could see to take that remark translates into a personal statement about me. :'( The majority of my post was a direct response to that. There is no politician blood in my veins. I tend to be direct. In keeping with the tone this post is intended, if I misinterpreted those remarks, then I apologize.

Now, I did not mean to rain on anyone's parade. I don't think I said anymore with that picture than what was inferred by Paul or LWM's remarks, But I felt singled out for unfair criticism. Thus, my reaction. But hey, it doesn't say Admin under my name, does it? ;)

And last, but not least, Uguel707, the picture was not posted with the intent to show anyone the error of their ways, or any other goal at all. If that picture was valuable to you, I am glad, and I hope it helped in some way, but I cannot take credit for trying to help anyone. Please don't misunderstand me, if I can ever be of help to you or anyone else, I welcome the opportunity, but in this case there was no such lofty goal. The post was intended as a response almost entirely to LowWaterMark's post. No more, no less.

Thanks to both Dan and LowWaterMark for beginning the healing process. :) ;) :cool:

Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season. :) God Bless, one and all!

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Sometimes I say what is on my mind without thought about how someone might take it . This is a shortcoming on my part. Any thing I post like this is in generalities and not intended to offend in any way.It did seem to irritate a few people and I do appoligize for that. In the future when I post I will take all aspectes into consideration, I do appologize for any hard feelings.

Curtis Rollins

bigc73542

9. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Merry Chritsmas to both of you!

Uguel :)

Attached Files:

10. bigc73542

And a very Merry Christmas to you also :)

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thanks folks! Nice job by all of you! :)

12. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Thanks Uguel. And here's a cookie for you. You made my day. :D :D :D

13. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

One last comment to finish clearing the air just to be on the safe side.

bigc73542, there are no hard feelings. Sometimes things just happen. This happened. If there is an "us against them" situation, I believe we all would be on the "us" side together against a much more obvious "them".

14. bigc73542

Hear Hear!

15. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I suspect it's the peyote buttons. ;) :D
    Just kidding Cochice. :D

16. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

errr... actually Cochise's mental difficulties as of late may be attributed to the fact that I chose not to share my "clean" water supply with him while he was in my bunker with me. I gave him the water that leaks in the corner from the direction of the nuclear power plant.

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just to add to the this misadventure, I think Darling Uguels' sig says it all, and when I think about it, I'm pleased to say I have just realised I based my life on that premis.

May I wish you everything you wish yourselves and may your Security Gods follow you everywhere and keep you all safe in this life.

Love to All, Cochise. :cool:

PS. Sorry Uguel, my French is a little fractured. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.