A bit of a bug in the Bootable Rescue Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jeff7, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff7

Jeff7 Registered Member

This is a navigation bug in the Bootable Rescue Media. If your mouse is disabled, you can't get past a certain point in the Image Creation.

When creating an image, it asks you if you want to add a Comment to the image file. There doesn't seem to be a way to get past this screen without a mouse. Pressing Tab merely moves the cursor, as does pressing Enter. It doesn't let you get to the Next button to go on to the final step.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Tried Alt-N?

3. Jeff7

Jeff7 Registered Member

Afraid I haven't; never heard of that one either - and I consider myself to be pretty advanced with PCs. :)

But that might do it; I still think it'd be good to have some other method to hit Next without a mouse. Either that, or print "PRESS ALT+N to continue" in big letters on that screen.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff7,

Please try the following workaround:

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.