A BIG thumbs up!!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Don Pelotas, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I have "used" Processguard since it was launched, in fact í might be one of the first "handfull". We got of to a bad start, in fact i have only been able to use PG since V2 and only with "workarounds".
    Now that did not make me angry, call you "names" or made me demand my money back! ;) :D

1. I got a very good deal, was it $16-17 for us first ones?

2. I believed in the product and knew how challenging/complex a project it was.

3. I believed in the DCS guys.

I am happy to report that at least on my PC, PG 3 works without hint of trouble. This new version is SWEEEEEEEEET. (copyright: Dazed_and_Confused).

So therefore from a happy and very satisfied costumer, who appreciate the hard work that Jason, Gavin and Wayne has put into this, a big:
    Thank you!

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Hi Don,

Thanks very much for the positive feedback, it's very much appreciated. :)

Cheers,
    Wayne

3. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

I heartily agree with the comments by Don Pelotas! I am certainly not an expert in IT and had pretty much "given up" on being able to get PG to run because of frequent system "lock-ups" and, additionally, the really discouraging loss of all the entered programs from the screen which, for recovery, required re-entry of all the information.

It has been a very pleasant surprise to see the latest version of PG run absolutely flawlessly with no problems at all since the most recent release. While I run a standard WinXP box with all the latest service packs, I also use a number of quite large mathematical programs which are not especially the most stable in the world. Even in this environment, PG has run with absolutely no problems. In addition, the new help files make it easy for a novice to set PG up and run it with a sense of confidence.

THANKS for all the research,work and thought in making this addition easily available to non-expert users. If it runs in this environment-it will probably run on almost any system.

Bdiamond

4. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

thought I'd chime in here... similar situations to the above guys... had PG2 and had to remove it because of too many compatibility/stability issues. Seemed to conflict with just about everything on my box.

V3 is a complete 180..... so far running for almost 48 hrs with PG no longer in "learning mode" and not a single crash, program failure, or Blue Screen! :D :D

this morning was the big test because overnight I have some serious heavy duty programs running like Acronis True Image and my Retrospect backup, as well as some funny batch files and other daemon-like activities that take place in the wee hours of the night, unattended. I checked my logs this morning and everything completed successfully, with PG fully loaded and enabled!

the DCS crew really did its homework on this one and I am now all warm and fuzzy inside knowing my system is tight and secure thanks to PG and TDS.

[MOVE]a big THANK YOU to the entire DCS TEAM!![/MOVE]

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I'd like to thank you also for your very useful contributions whilst running & testing the Public Betas - Well done! :D

Cheers. Pilli

6. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

So far I haven't had any user switching problems which was a major obstacle for me using the program. The 'blank tabs' is no longer an issue with this version. So that just leaves crashes and blue screens. I ran a scan with Giant Anti-SpyWare and my PC didn't re-boot as before and so far I haven't had any crashes only slow shut-downs & log offs in the beginning but after a few re-boots everything was ok. Pilli said it might have been Hyper-Threading.

From what I can see in PG 3 final, DCS DO take their critics seriously as I have noted a lot of fixes for issues myself & others raised in the forum previously, so full marks to DCS for being open-minded.

SO FAR I can find NO FLAWS. I'm one of the most impossible to please DCS customers so if this new version ends up satisfying even it's most ardent critic then DCS has got a winner. SO FAR so good but the last version ran for 2 days and then came Dr Watson problems and blue screens yet this time I was able to give Dr Watson permission without my PC crashing so that's been fixed it seems.

It FEELS very good. I feel that it's the most stable version released so far because of not having encountered ANY of the problems I had in previous versions. And the beta testers I think really did a VERY, VERY GOOD JOB because it seems so much more stable. I HOPE that this is IT. That I can keep it on my PC forever and I'll probably know in a few days and then get back to you all. But so far no problems.

Dave

7. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

have to agree w. you WorldCitizen.. the "feel" of this release is very solid and professional. Good luck and do keep us posted on your results!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.