8Signs Firewall and Dr.Web

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by musicman, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicman

musicman Registered Member

Here is a interesting observation when I was testing out these 2 softwares. When I ran the main GUI Dr.Web scans the memory and process. Well it detected the W32Slammer and it automatically shut down 8Signs Firewall. Strangest incident to date that I have seen. I emailed their tech support but they assured me their files were clean. Has anyone else every run into this situation? I look forward to insight on this one!

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Was that 8Signs product support? Did you notify Dr. Web in regards to a possible false positive?

Not something I recall being brought up before. Are you signed up on the 8Signs e-mail list?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. musicman

Hello CrazyM
    I did e-mail Dr.Web support and 8Signs I chatted with the developer as I know him. Waiting for a reply from Dr.Web.....Now even tho if its a false/postive shutting down the firewall is alarming to say the least.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I ran into the exact same situation with Look N Stop. I posted a possible fix in the antivirus software area...hope it helps... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  5. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Do you have 8Signs password protected and to prompt on shutdown?
    Did the service stop and restart?

Regards,

CrazyM

6. musicman

CrazyM
    No I did not password protect or to shutdown. Dr.Web was the only antivirus to detect the slammer. Well I am still waiting to hear from their support on this issue. Thanks for your input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.