889 works fine for me

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charlie Wisc., Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

Since there's been some negative comments on update 889, I thought I'd add my good vibes.

I updated from 859 to 889 today. Making an image in 889 and checking the image, both took close to the same amount of time as taken by 859. I haven't actually tried to re-create my drive with the new 889 rescue disk. But computer does boot from the disk.

Unhappily, my Microsoft wireless optical mouse (connected thru USB) still doesn't work with the 889 rescue disk. The last time my USB connected mouse worked with TU is build 826. Mouse works fine when PS connected! Acronis folks couldn't offer any mouse help when I asked about this in build 859. But rescue disk access via keyboard tabbing & arrows works OK.

Would Acronis like to take another crack at resolving my mouse issue? Help would be welcome.

I wonder if folks who find 889 takes long time to make an image would benefit from defraging thieir drive before imaging? I defrag often before imaging, or whenever my C: drive shows more than 5% fragmented.
    -----------
    My computer:
    Dell 8400, 1 gig RAM, 160 gig primary drive ( with only ~20 gig occupied).

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Check that you have 'USB Legacy Support' enabled in BIOS.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your first letter? I will find out what was the conclusion and try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Charlie Wisc.

Today (just one day after my post above) I did need to restore my primary drive from the image I made using Build 889. All went well, and just as fast as with build 826.
    ------------
    Ilya, Unfortunately, I didn't keep the e-mail exchange on the mouse problem from before. If it's any help, that exchange started on January 29th, 2005.

First I'll check my BIOS as PJB024 suggested, then I'll e-mail acronis support directly to maybe start a new exchange - if the BIOS check doesn't help.

5. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

More Mouse Issues!

I'm still running build 826. My MS Explorer Mouse works fine in TI-Windows, but TI-Linux (Boot CD) will not recognize it when connected to the PS/2 port. However, it works well in TI-Linux on any USB2 port. Go figure! :eek:

6. Charlie Wisc.

PVSurfer: "go figure" is right.
    -----------
    Ilya: I checked more of my paper folders. I found paper-trails of many adventures, but not of my mouse problems. I'll send you an e-mail with a link to this thread, and hope to start a fresh study of the problem.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charlie,

I have foun your letter and Max will contact you very soon. If you don't get his letter please let me know and I will try to find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Charlie Wisc.

Just to finish-off this thread. Here's the latest turn of events.

Acronis is working with me, via e-mails, to find a solution. They are really outstanding in how fast they respond to service problems.

Meanwhile, I have been re-thinking exactly when TU's rescue disks stopped letting me use my wireless mouse. The mouse's cursor doesn't even show on the rescue screen. It was when I added a wireless keyboard to my set-up, and began using the keyboard's receiver for my mouse too. For fun, I reconnected my old wired keyboard, and the original wireless mouse's receiver. Fantastic! Mouse function is back within the rescue program!

So, as Acronis asked, I've sent them these details and related sysinfo.txt files. I'm hoping they can find a work-around. I'd really prefer that both my keyboard & mouse be wireless.

9. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Re: More Mouse Issues!

I Have The Same Problem When Using The Acronis True Image Boot CD (Any Version) When I Connnect My Compaq PS/2 Mouse And Use The Boot CD, No Mouse Is Detected,Acronis Has Been Working On My Case For Awhile To Try To Fix The Problem,Nothing Yet, I Was Able To Have My Mouse Detected Using The True Image Light Version Boot CD, Is Ok unless you have external drives Or Devices That Are Not Standard In A Normal PC

I Was Able To Find A:

Belkin F5U119-E PS/2 to USB Adapter

Hopefully This Will Convert My Mouse To USB So It Can Be Detected As USB Is Easier To Be Detected Using The Boot CD From What I Have Read In The Past

I Should Know In A Few Days When It Arrives

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.