8-2-Update blocks all websites??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SaphireX, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

Well it would appear that whatever update was pushed today 8-2 not only blocked all websites from being accessed and after a reboot killed my internet connection too! Disbabling NOD latest version 5.2.9 allowed access to websites before I rebooted but even disabling NOD after the the reboot killed my net access. So I have temporarily uninstalled NOD till I see some feedback to this here at Wilders...I have been a paid NOD user for over 5 years and remember that a couple of years ago there was a bad update that caused issues too!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There has been no bad update for a very long time (ie. several months if not even more than a year). Does disabling http checking in the advanced setup make a difference?

3. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

Unfortunately I did not think of disabling http checking before uninstalling NOD. As I needed to get some work done ASAP.

The odd thing was I was doing some work saw the popup window saying the signature database was updated then went to a safe/used before website to d/l something and the window advising that the website was blocked popped-up? So I tried again same thing. Then I closed out my browser and restarted it to the default msn.com and that was blocked? I went to a few more bookmarked sites and saw that everything was being blocked?

Afterward I re-installed NOD x64 from scratch and I use the default settings except I change cleaning in all of the modules to "no cleaning" as I prefer if prompted to SEE what's up and also enable pre-release updates. Once it was fully updated to include the pre-release updates I ran an in-depth scan and zero threats...

So far after the fresh install everything in layman's terms seems to be working properly. But I am at a loss to understand what happened before

Thanks Marcos for taking the time and replying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.