8.0 Build 826, DVD's & Roxio 7.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mrfearless, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfearless

mrfearless Registered Member

I'm trying to image my harddrive to my DVD R/RW + - (all formats) SONY drive. As long as the image is limited to a single DVD, there seems to be no problem. However, if the image spans to a second DVD, the first DVD is guaranteed to be unreadable (I've got 4 first DVD coasters to prove it.). It appears that what happens is that the second DVD is closed properly by Roxio's Drag-to-Disk, but after the first DVD is filled, Acronis orders it ejected but Roxio never finalizes the DVD. When I then try to (a) explore (b) check the image either within Windows XP or from an Acronis Boot CD, the system hangs everytime and reports errors on the first volume. The second volume works fine every time. I've tried this with DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW and experience the same problem.

If I split the images and backup my Windows installation only (single DVD), no problems. If I image my Linux installation (single DVD), no problems. This is a clumsy workaround and will only work so long as neither OS exceeds the 1 DVD limit.

Again - Windows XP, SP2
    Acronis 8.0, Build 826
    Roxio EZ Media Creator 7.0 Basic
    Fedora Core 3
    Dell 2350 System
    1 GB RAM
    60 GB Harddrive
    1.8 GHz processor

Is this a "known" issue and if so, what other workarounds are there?

I also have Nero 6.0.8 Ultra, but I don't have InCD installed (because I have drag to disk).

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mrfearless,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to update your Roxio EZ Media Creator and write a new DVD. If the problem remains please create a screen shots of your actions when you try to check the image (when your system reports errors) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Re: 8.0 Build 826, DVD's & Roxio 7.0.. me too !!

I have the same problem with Roxio 7.5 and true image 8.0 the latest version for Roxio and I'm unable to down load the latest version of true image becuase i'm not at work and i can't finialize (i guess) my regerstation e-mail.

I would like to change it if possible to a yahoo adress if possible.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: 8.0 Build 826, DVD's & Roxio 7.0.. me too !!

Hello Greg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We can change your e-mail address in our database. Please send a letter with your serial number, old and new e-mail addresses to support@acronis.com and we will perform necessary changes.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.