7 added to profile then scheduler won't run

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ronp, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronp

ronp Registered Member

OK, how is that for a title.
    AVG adds a 7 before the profile name, then scheduler quits running. Now I have found a couple threads that give solutions, none of which are very good, since I would have to apply them to over 100 computers individually.

My questions are these. 1. What caused this? 2. Is there a fix other than me having to go to most of the computers and apply the fix one at a time?

Thanks.

RonP

2. ronp

ronp Registered Member

screenshots of scheduler problems

Here are some screen shots of the problems I described in a previous post. What is causing this? How can I fix it? I don't want to redo over 100 computers because there is a problem with AVG.
    RonP

Attached Files:

3. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Hi ronp,

Can you please delete the complete subkey of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/GRISOFT/AVGAntiSpyware/config

(Please shutdown AVG Anti-Spyware for this action)

Then restart AVG Anti-Spyware and enter your License Key again.

This should fix the problem.

I am sorry for the incovenience.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

4. ronp

ronp Registered Member

Well, that is an answer, but not one I was really interested in. Basically, what you are saying is I need to go around to work this fix on the 100 plus computers that we have that have quit running their scans.

Well, that means not only do I need to interrupt the users and install the program once a year to begin with, then I need to interrupt them all again later when AVG quits working like it is supposed to! Not the answer I had hoped for. Perhaps we need to look at for a centrally managed program, something that can be done through active directory. Any chance that might be coming from you all? I kind of like AVG (ewido), but if it gets to me too much work for the benefits........
    RonP

5. blueoysterdvp

blueoysterdvp Registered Member

I've got the same problem for the second time. The first time I just scheduled a new profile and it worked fine.Now I can't do that.It won't let me schedule a time after adding files.

The solution still to remove the Registry sub key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/GRISOFT/AVGAntiSpyware/config ?

Due to other problems will a reinstall help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.