7.0.613 or 8.0.0.768?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rdsu, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

7.0.613 or 8.0.0.768?

I have this 2 versions, and want to know what version should I use because I see in this forum that v8.0 have some bugs...

Thanks

2. webafrica

webafrica Registered Member

I would like to know too, a bit nervouse about version 8 - seems it was rushed out the door by management.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Of course, I'd suggest to use the later version of the software, especially taking into the consideration, that we are not releasing any updates for 7.0 one in future.

Thank you.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for the info ;)

5. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

That's hardly a reassuring response

6. Thomas USA

Thomas USA Guest

Wow, that is a fair statement. Only a few weeks after I purchased version 7 I am told that this will not be supported (at least with fixes) any more.

Have you ever done any customer satisfaction surveys? You can start with me...

Btw. - I e-mailed your sales/support/whatsoever department regarding a free upgrade - unfortunately without any response. Now, guess how many more Acronis products I am going to purchase in the future.

The only positive thing so far is the True Image software. It works great and I have no complaints about that whatsoever.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thomas --

Well, you got me wrong. I've already stated it once in my reply to the thread about Acronis True Image 8.0 that if you encounter a problem with Acronis True Image 7.0 that is fixed in Acronis True Image 8.0 you *will* get a free upgrade.

Thank you.

8. schmalho

schmalho Registered Member

Anton,

You are very kind and patient. Some of the responses you get are quite harsh and do not give you or Acronis support the courtesy of a reply or time to properly address the question or concern they are posting about. The product is a very good product at a very good price and their developement team seems quick to respond to issues. Their updates are frequent, but that is better than few and far between. Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for all of your efforts!

Greg

9. Wilted

Wilted Registered Member

i have used all releases of acronis true image and believe that for image creation of a partition or hard drive within Windows that version 6.0.0.350 is still the best, and the one i still use. the best bootable cd of acronis TI is created from version 7.0.0.611, and this is the ONLY version i ever use as my bootable recovery CD of Acronis. Supports SATA too

10. Charles Plumb

Charles Plumb Registered Member

Version 7.0.613 works for me :)

I have Version 8 and just tried the new update to 8.0.0.768 from my version 8.0.0.764. This Version of 8 will still not recognize my SATA Maxtor Hardrive running off my VIA SATA Controller on my SOYO Dragon Plus Mother Board.

One day it will I am sure - just have to wait. The biggest pain is uninstalling version 7 - putting up 8 and then having to uninstall and return to 7. It would be nice if they just sent us the ISO for the Boot Disk - how about an ISO packaged as an encryptied file that requires our keys to unlock - hint hint hint - suggestion suggestion suggestion :D

Charles

11. ws123

ws123 Guest

actual versions of TI7 & TI8 are creating on my system only corrupted files and writing on cd i´m getting failure message "bad media" .
    as i see a lot people have the same problems!
    will there be an update working properly sonn??!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.