50% discount to Rollback Rx ver.9 (with Free Drive Cloner Rx for Gold Member)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by fce, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

RollBack Rx
    Version 9 Released
    Dear *****,

The latest version of RollBack Rx has been released. As an existing GOLD support customer you are entitled to a 50% discount on your upgrade license of RollBack Rx as well as a FREE license of new Drive Cloner Rx.

Your discount coupon is at the bottom of this e-mail. Also, here is a quick link from which you can receive your new license of RollBack Rx and Drive Cloner Rx:

New in RollBack Rx V9
    RollBack Rx software RollBack Rx version 9 has made some significant modifications to meet the remote management needs of many commercial and educational PC administrators. In addition to providing a universal RMC (remote management console) as a complimentary utility; RollBack Rx has separated its previous Drive Image feature into its' own stand-alone product. Drive Cloner Rx is now evolved into its own disk imaging utility that is sold as a separate component.

Existing customers of RollBack Rx can upgarde to RollBack Rx V9 and receive the Drive Cloner Rx application for free (limited time offer - May 30th 2009)

As the enhancements are not as significant for the purposes of most end-point users - Horizon DataSys is offering substantial discounts to thier clients,
    - 25% discount to its Silver (Free) support customers and,
    - 50% discounts to its Gold support customers.

View the RollBack Rx release notes at:
    http://www.horizondatasys.com/177440.ihtml

Use the discount promotional purchasing link at the bottom of this email to receive your offer.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Still waiting for my email from them. Wonder what is taking so longo_O

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

in bottom line what was fixed / new in ver 9

What’s New & fixed:

Removed Drive Image feature from Rollback Rx v9.0 release.

Created universal Enterprise Management Console (RMC) that is compatible with all RollBack Rx client installations

RMC license and PRODUCT ID is no longer required.

Add code signing to tray icon and application console executables.

Removed "nagging" start screens for netreg.exe and shield.exe when launching

System with over 4GB RAM support.

Improved kernel device driver’s memory management.

if u compare it to ver 8.1 change log u will notice ver 9 is more to remove drive image from 8.1 and sell it for some $$$ :D than actually improve rollback :argh:

4. fce

fce Registered Member

can somebody confirm this?

5. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I got my email just this morning. I don't why some got it many days earlier and some didn't ?

I have TWO licenses and I can't get an answer from Horizon about the Drive Image license. They are giving a "free" license for Drive Image, but I have two RollBack Rx's and can only seem to be able to order ONE Drive image.

Seems to me since I have two of one, I should be able to get two of the other.

I have asked Horizon several times about it without any response.

Tim

6. fce

fce Registered Member

I installed ver.9 last night.....it's not stable. Ver.9 is very sensitive i experienced chkdsk to run when my computer is restarting (which i didn't experience in ver. 8.1)

I'll go back to ver8.1 which is very reliable and i've never experience any chkdsk issue.

Btw, the boot time on ver. 9 is 15secs faster compare to ver.8.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.