5.0.2214.4 Windows 8 Compatibility Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by Chris74656, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris74656

Chris74656 Registered Member

I have a customer who recently installed a new Windows 8 machine, as with all the other computers in the office (a couple Windows XP and several Windows 7 machines) I installed ESet Endpoint Security 5.0.2126 and everything worked fine.

I saw that version 5.0.2214.4 was released and so I upgraded the office and on all the XP and Windows 7 x64 machines the software installed without a problem. But on the lone Windows 8 x64 machine it will not install giving this error:
    I re-downloaded the msi x64 installer and tried again (rebooting in between tries) and still got the same error. The very first line of the changelog for 5.0.2214.x says "Added: Windows 8 compatibility" but it seems like added incompatibility is more like it since 5.0.2126 actually seemed to install and work fine on Windows 8 and I reinstalled it with no problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Have an idea how to correct it?

- Chris

2. michelle911

michelle911 Registered Member

I had alot of problems installing this version. Ultimately I had to go into safe mode and use the eset uninstall tool and then it let me install 5.0.2214.4. So then on the rest of the machines I uninstalled old version, rebooted and installed new version. PITA, but saved alot of frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.