5.0.2214.4 Windows 8 Compatibility Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by Chris74656, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris74656

Chris74656 Registered Member

I have a customer who recently installed a new Windows 8 machine, as with all the other computers in the office (a couple Windows XP and several Windows 7 machines) I installed ESet Endpoint Security 5.0.2126 and everything worked fine.

I saw that version 5.0.2214.4 was released and so I upgraded the office and on all the XP and Windows 7 x64 machines the software installed without a problem. But on the lone Windows 8 x64 machine it will not install giving this error:
    I re-downloaded the msi x64 installer and tried again (rebooting in between tries) and still got the same error. The very first line of the changelog for 5.0.2214.x says "Added: Windows 8 compatibility" but it seems like added incompatibility is more like it since 5.0.2126 actually seemed to install and work fine on Windows 8 and I reinstalled it with no problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Have an idea how to correct it?

- Chris

2. michelle911

michelle911 Registered Member

I had alot of problems installing this version. Ultimately I had to go into safe mode and use the eset uninstall tool and then it let me install 5.0.2214.4. So then on the rest of the machines I uninstalled old version, rebooted and installed new version. PITA, but saved alot of frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.