4 Steps to Qualtiy Leadership

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Antus, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antus

Antus Registered Member

I firmly believe this forum has the best moderators on the web, second to none. Congrats to them all. The following is a clip on Leadership.
    =========================================================
    1. Let them watch you do the job.

This is the step where potential leaders are recognized. In this step, existing leaders notice those who naturally stand out and seem to attract others through natural charisma, knowledge and abilities. These individuals are not necessarily destined to be leaders, but they exhibit leadership traits. It’s at this step that a new candidate is chosen.

2. Teach them to do the job.

At this stage, the candidate helps the leader perform his duties, learning the trade along the way. The leader will impart valuable insight and maturity throughout this process, instructing the trainee as they work together. A good example of this would be an electrician’s apprentice.

3. Make room for them to do the job.

This is where the trainee gets all his practice. A wise leader makes room for failure, allowing the trainee to learn the hard way, by making mistakes, and shape his own philosophies and tendencies. An effective leader will not quench opposing ideas, but will corral these philosophies and traits toward a commonly-held positive goal, teaching the trainee how to use those qualities to have a positive influence on those that are being led.

4. Get out of the way and let the new leader do the job.

This is the final step. The trainee has matured and gained valuable wisdom and insight through the training process. They’ve made mistakes and learned the hard way. They have established a rapport with those they’re to lead, who look to the leader for direction. At this point the leader can step back and allows the protege to do the job without individual restraint. New ideas and philosophies flow into the arena, and the new leader can begin to look among those he leads for people that exhibit the qualities of a future leader. And so the cycle continues.

The Trust Factor
    A deciding factor in good leadership is to determine whether people are following the leader, or simply obeying him. Anyone can get into a community and start telling others what the rules are, but if that person doesn’t demonstrate that they can be trusted, the people will simply obey and not follow.

How do you establish trust and confidence? Good question. One way is by communicating a vision of where you are going, what you are doing and what you believe. If people sense a lack of confidence or ability, they will not respect your place as a leader. It’s important to understand that the people make you a leader, not a higher-up. By establishing this respect with those you work with, you will be recognized as a leader

2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

To put it simply...."Walk softly but have a pile of rocks handy"!

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

And don't forget the beans. Eat LOTS of beans. :gack: :blink:

4. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

Okay! I got beans, a pocket of rocks, what about sticks? Are sticks okay?:)

5. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Only if you're sure you've got the right end of it .........

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

And garlic as well :D

7. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Let's be realistic here, NO ONE is gonna let ya in the lead after Beans and Garlic, the sticks n stones are just to beat yer way to the Lead.....after which no one will still be following you anywhere.........IMHO!

Maj Mar n the Brigade/with the Mounties
    (Still testing the Margaritas, Generalissmo SaltaLime'!)

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Yep!...Sticks are OK.......they come in handy when you have to 'Stick' it to the person above you whose job you want......Sticks are good.....always carry one behind your back....:shifty:

Cochise, Sticking up for myself in Stalingrad..

9. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

All potential leaders must first have been observed doing at least 10 of the following to even reach the short list..

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks.

Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks,

Write "For Smuggling Diamonds"

7. Finish All Your sentences with

"In Accordance With The Prophecy."

8. Don t use any punctuation

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."

12. Sing Along At The Opera.

13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends

You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.

16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name,

'Rock Bottom'.

17. When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The

Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy,

We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

10. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Oh great... wandering Primly,

I tried #9....the pranthy thing... but had to desist cause everyone tole me I was being thilly!

Tho there....., Thneaky ed

11. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Verry sage advice yor Cheeziness.....cept my Protologist tole me never retreat when somewuns ahind yoo w/a stick!

Yore 1st step backwards cud bee yore last, Woo Hoo ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.