4.2.35 Splash Screen Setting / Roll out proceedures?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PCMonk, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I have never been able to turn this off with a policy in the RA Console. It does not appear to be fixed in 4.2. I was told this was a known issue. I guess it never made it into the list for the new version? Not a big deal, just annoying. My users don't like to see extra things popping when they log in so I have to change it on the client for them. Ahhh but maybe this is an RA Console issue... That's it I'll bet...

I am testing on my PC before I roll out. Do all of the clients need to be removed before the upgrade? If so is there an automated way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Just plonk it over the top, it's fine.

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

The splash screen removal has worked perfectly for our 200+ systems with NOD32 4.0.437, 4.0.467, 4.0.474 and now 4.2.35. We have the settings applied by policy from ERAS. Make sure you have the options "Suppress User Settings = Yes" and "Show splash-screen at startup = no".

4. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

Ahh suppress user settings did the trick! Thanks. No more splash screens. One less thing for people to complain about. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.