4.2.35.0 Blocks XP Workgroup sharing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by patch, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patch

patch Registered Member

Installed 4.2.35.0 on 2 XP profesional machines. Both then loose ability to access and share, shared files. Revert to 4.0.474 fixed the problem.

Did do an install over 4.0.474 as I don't like entering all the firewall rules again. Will Try clean install, but it is a bug anyhow.

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

You may need to create a new non-specific application rule to allow Netbios in/out for the Trusted Zone.

Refer to my post in this thread for details.

3. patch

patch Registered Member

Did a clean install, appeared to work slightly better but still no where near properly.

That is interesting. Sound similar to the problem I'm having. I had assumed ESET would want to fix something like that prior to moving 4.2 from beta to release, but perhaps I'm wrong.

The solution there
    1) add a non-specific application rule - Allow, Direction Both, UDP, Remote: Trusted Zone ports 137 -139, Local: ports 137-139
    0r 2) create a rule on both the PCs using 4.22 that allows TCP & UDP in the Trusted Zone for all ports

Given that level of stability I think it wise to keep 4.2 off systems I want some confidence they will work for a while longer :doubt:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.