4.0.74 Real time scanning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Devlin7, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up some new 64bit Windows 2008R2 servers. I have NOD32 4.0.74 installed and have set the real time scanner to only scan the default extensions NOT all extensions. However, when looking at Statistics - Antispyware and AntiVirus I can see that TXT and a bunch of other file types NOT in the extensions list are still being scanned [or at least it appears they are]

Any suggestions?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, you're using a quite old version. The latest release version is 4.0.474 and there is also beta 4.2.22 available for public testing which seems to be perfectly stable.

2, it's as you said: "at least it appears they are". In that panel you can see all files that are accessed by the oper. system or other applications and flow through the real-time protection driver which means they are not necessarily scanned. If you doubt if exclusions work correctly, downlod the eicar.com test file, put it to an excluded folder or give it the extension you want to test (with real-time protection disabled) and check if it's detected by real-time protection upon access.

3. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Thanks. Typo on my part version is 4.0.474

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.