3677 won't recognize usb drive; 3567 did

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aoz, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoz

aoz Registered Member

to all

just downloaded 3677. Have external USB drive (couple of them)

Trying to rESTORE to DRIVE H:, an external USB drive. It is a prior encrypted partition/drive. I use this for testing

With 3567, I was able to back up drive C: to another usb hard drive, then recover to DRIVE H", and while under windows, 3567 would recongnize all the drives.

with 3677, it will Not redcognize the usb drive; I have to boot to linux/boot CD, and it does then recognize it, and then lets me recover partition.

any heklp appreciated

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

does windows explorer list the USB with a drive letter?

3. aoz

aoz Registered Member

Yes; if I turn it on, it shows up as drive H:, but if I double-click on it, it states "access Denied".

This may be related to the encryption, and I am working with SecureDoc to test how to back up encrypted drives, using acronis, that have beeen encrypted with SecureDoc (that has its own issues)

But, prior version of TrueImage did let me see the drive, to be able to restore the image to.

4. Howard Kaikow

Then the problem has nothing to do with TI.

In Windows eXplorer, can you copy a file to the drive?

Are there any files that you need on the drive?
    If not, in Windows. reformat the drive.
    You should then be able to usethe drive.

5. aoz

aoz Registered Member

nope, can't copy file as access is denied.
    I know the issue relates to the encryption, but the problem is that this edition of TI does not seem to recognize the drive to even restore an image to, where the prior version did, when running in windows.

TI , when booted from CD, DOES recognize the drive to be able to restore an image to.

I'm just curious why the new version would do this.

TI in windows DOES recognize my other USB drive, which is a standard non-encrypted NTFS drive for storage.

I can live with this glitch, as again I am working in an unconventional testing mode , but the advantage if TI recognized it was the speed of restoring an image, in windows, versus from CD booting

thanks
    Nick

6. Howard Kaikow

One last time.

If you cannot even copy a file to the drive, then the problem has nothing to do with TI.

If there are no files on the drive, reformat the drive.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aoz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that when running Acronis True Image in Windows it uses Windows drivers. Therefore, as Howard Kaikow said, if Windows Explorer can not recognize or acces the drive then Acronis True Image will not be able to recognize this drive either.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.