3666 Home - Cannot resolve the source path error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fedorov999, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

I normally CLEAN install each new build, this time I thought I'd do an upgrade from 3633 to 3666, all seemed fine until I launched the program and my 2 scheduled tasks listed at the bottom, select any one of them and click the Edit button gives me the "Cannot resolve the source path" error.

Uninstalled, cleaned up and clean installed 3666...

Created my 2 scheduled tasks again, soon as I'd created them if I click on any of them again and click the edit button I get the same error!!!o_O

Anyone else got this with 3666?

3633 was working fine.

Thanks, Fedorov.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Yes same error but it does work to the source first selected when you wrote the schedule. :blink: you just can't edit it! remove and form another schedule would be the most logical work around until they fix it...:doubt:

3. Fedorov999

Can Acronis please explain how this got through quality control and testing?

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Chaps,

have you considered checking/modifying the underlying XML file, e.g. at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

In particular check that the <backup>/<archive>/<file> path is valid.

F

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Enjoyuing the fact that it can start tasks whenthe computer is in standby, I runmy ATI tasks fromt he Win scheduler. After going through the secret process of having to uninstall the prior version before "upgrading" to 3666, I installed 3666 and the old tasks ran fine from the Win scheduler.

Haven't tried running or editing them yet.

6. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Everytime I install a new build, I have to create theses scripts again.
    Would be nice if TI could keep these settings.

7. Fedorov999

Anyone else tried creating a schedule then tried editing it again?

Gone back to build 3633 and all works fine, 3666 appears to be not fit for purpose if you can't even edit a schedule.

8. Fedorov999

Before uninstalling 3666 I copied the script, installed 3633, created the exact same schedule and ran Araxis Merge to compare the 3666 script to the 3633 script and apart from the uuid number near the top, every other line or path or whatever is IDENTICAL.

3666 is a piece of junk and should be pulled from the site if you can't even edit your existing schedules, I clean installed between both these versions 3 times today to prove the problem lies in 3666 :(

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fedorov999 and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that there is a known problem in Acronis True Image when one cannot edit a scheduled task if the destination disk\partition\folder, i.e. disk\partition\folder where the resulting backup is going to be saved to, in not accessible for some reason. For exampe, if you save backups to the external hard drive - it might be unplugged or powered off. This problem may also occur when saving backups to the mapped drives, network shares and the alike. This issue is known and will be fixed in the future builds\versions of Acronis True Image, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

If that's not the case then please do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text if the error message you receive;

- Let us know when you receive this error message exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. Fedorov999

Thank you Alexy, my schedules are configured to a destination of a network share - this issue only occurs with build 3666, previous builds work fine - not being able to EDIT these schedules is not good, hope to see a new build out asap.

11. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Actually with mine it doesn't matter whether the external disk with the stored images is connected or not. TI 9.3666 starts to read the disk and then issues the aforementioned error.

However it is still possible to edit the actual scheduling bit, just not the partition info or backup destination.

Colin

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

We are glad to inform you that this issue is already fixed and the fix will be available in the nearest update.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

13. shieber

It's more than not being able to edit a task that calls for an external or network drive to be the desitination. The drive might be one of the internal SATA drives on the PC and not mapped or external or USB-connected and that is in every other way accessible but the Task editor still has the problem. It will let you create an image task, but not edit it.

sh

14. shieber

Nope. Alas, even image schedules created in 3666 can't be edited in 3666, even if all the drives invovled are internal active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.