360safe has posted procedures for getting refunds of purchased MD

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bonedriven, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Here's the deal. Please use google translate if by any chance you are interested. ;)

Also,sandworm(aka xiaolin) said 2.7.2 would probably be released within this month,with an improved GUI.

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks good news...:D

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Thanks for this info. Well, after a first check, I would say that it was a bit less englishly convoluted at time when I bought his 2 products. Anyway I should try again next days and will see what gives!

4. ruinebabine

Anybody had success in getting their refund?

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

6. ruinebabine

To start, you would have to find a way to translate the procedure comprehensively from the Chinese forum link given in the first post. I tried last week and I did not receive any response back in return, but it could well be my own fault and misunderstandings. And it's why I would like to know if someone did it successfully before trying again.

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

maybe we lost our money by buying MD :thumbd: it hasnt updates from long time now:thumbd:

8. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

It is only applicable to Chinese users. :'(

The refund will be credited (preferably these banks) :

China Merchants Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Bank of China.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that sucks:thumbd:

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have learned my lesson. No more Sino-software for the foreseeable future.

11. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I know I'll be in the vocal minority here, but Malware Defender has and still is serving me well so Xiaolin can keep the money I spent on his excellent program. :D

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

MD is already out dated as we speak:thumbd:

13. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Make my day and elaborate, please. I'm dying to know what makes MD outdated. And perhaps you would enlighten us on what isn't an outdated HIPS program?

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I totally agree

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

first the developer was updating like once a month which now doesnt occur anymore:) in a few months it will be very easy to bypassed maybe not easy for me but for new malware yes,like SSM when i tested againts the braviax malware:) what more proves do you need for an abonded ware it sucks,new Malware will make DEFAULT(md)bypasable

16. ruinebabine

Oh, sure he can keep his hard earned money o_O !
    But hey, the refund would be from 360safe. At least it is my understanding of this part of the deal. And 60safe is probably able to afford this part of the deal easily anough, even for us "outside" customer!

17. nick s

nick s Registered Member

The only noteworthy POC bypasses of MD (which also bypassed EQ and Comodo) were coded by a researcher that works for 360safe. I think MD is still in talented hands. I submitted a bug report to Xiaolin (via TorchSoft) last week and received a reply in a couple of hours thanking me for the report and stating that the issue would be addressed.

Like others, I have no interest in a refund for my multiple licenses. MD has served me well since version 1.1.1 on XP, Vista, and 7. Xiaolin earned his money and MD remains the standard by which I measure other classic HIPS.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  18. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Well said by nick s. My only objection is the lifetime license. When a developer advertises "lifetime license" that obviously means that he will keep supporting paid users and updating his security software at least for a number of years before it becomes freeware or unsupported.

19. subset

subset Registered Member

Is today 'Lamenting Men's Day'? :rolleyes:

360safe offers MD free of charge, everyone can download and use it, Xiaolin still offers email support.

It looks like 360safe offers the refund only for Chinese.
    Their operating area is (surprise, surprise...) in China.

How often MD will be updated? Well, we will see.

But if someone thinks a program with a lifetime license should not become Freeware before he thinks the number of years (1? 10? 100?) have been reached - well, that's just weird. :argh:

Cheers

20. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

It's a HIPS program, not an antivirus one. Updates aren't nearly as important. There has also been only one bypass, as nick s already pointed out, and I sinecerely doubt anyone would actually bother bypassing a not-so-well-known HIPS program, when there are others that are a lot more widespread. Come to think of it I kind of doubt bypassing a HIPS program is high on the list at all. I think "bad guys" are actually trying to bypass the user. It's easier to fool a user into allowing something than to try and bypass the whole program.

SSM is still pretty damn solid for its age. It's only problems are the incompatibility with newer versions of Windows and the lack of file protection. Yes, it's lost some of its potency but it's still capable of defending one's computer.
    Also, Malware Defender isn't abandoned. Not yet at least. And even if it were, it would still be perfectly capable of protecting a system. It's customizability is top notch which makes it an extremely powerful tool in the right hands.

And what would you suggest instead? That half-baked PE GUARD? I'm assuming it's that since it's in your signature and you're very active in the PE GUARD topic. It offers some file protection and that's it. No registry protection, no process protection, no customizability, bad english, and it costs money. Oh, and let's not forget that delightful little pyramid scheme to help users earn money.

21. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

PE Guard yes man;) and registry protection is on the way:) try it and see it's potential:)

22. 0strodamus

No offense to opaida or PEG2 - I can applaud your enthusiasm for PEG2, but your thinking that this provides more security than MD is laughable. :eek:

23. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

you will remenber this day man;) PEG2 will become very popular and will be very strong and MD maybe will be history:D

24. 0strodamus

Key word being "maybe". I guess time will tell. Cheers! ;)

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Defensewall,pe guard,sandboxie are programs with future man;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.