36000 references! Congratulations Gavin!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jooske, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For whom missed the over 14000 primaries threshold recently, yesterday's update shows 36000 references! This is an amazing amount in such a short time, keep them coming, submit all the nasties!
    Congratulations DiamondCS and Gavin for this new threshold!
    [36000 references - 14155 primaries/10048 traces/11797 variants/other]

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Jooske, Though I am glad that DCS is addiing so many new nasties, I am also very angry as all this shows is that the pace of malware writing is increasing, with ever more chance of being missed and more dangerous, especially with the Trojanic like malware such as Cool Web Search and it's ilk.

Anti virus, Anti Trojan and Spyware security software is only part of the answer unfortunately. :(

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Good job Gavin ;)

Agree too with Pilli...

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yep, reason why i also try to understand more of the AutoStartViewer and HiJackThis logs as it's one of the faster ways to disarm lots of nasties from starting up again, and so thorough cleansing can really take place.
    I'm grateful for the creators of such tools. Think people with XP/2000/NT/2003 systems will love the APM and APT tools as well a lot:
    even though APT is in fact a test for ProcessGuard, lots of people also use it to kill unkillable stuff with it!
    And to all people can only keep saying please submit any suspicious file, or found by TDS and not by others, or by others and not by TDS submit@diamondcs.com.au -- DiamondCS has the largest database already and stays several steps ahead on the writers fortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.