360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Regarding the Facebook login being a part of Qihoo, I wouldn't expect any changes. Remember that Qihoo is a publicly traded corporation (New York Stock Exchange) with about 40% Institutional ownership. The guys on Wall Street just DROOL over any social media presence (like Facebook) for the stocks that they own. So basically it's like this- Qihoo's market cap is about 11 billion USD. People who have invested about 5 Billion like the Facebook icon. Geeks like us hate it.

Any guesses on who will win?

2. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Well, as long as it ain't pushing REGISTER FACEBOOK OR DIE mentality, it is fine with me...

3. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

I just installed the latest beta (never used 360 before) and it seems to be working pretty well, with one glaring exception; IE11 takes a lot longer to open than before installing this beta - any ideas?

Cruise

4. GakunGak

Switch Balanced/Security modes, see if there's difference in startup speed?
    If yes, switch on/off Bitdefender/Avira.
    If you have toolbars installed, remove those you might not need.
    Try to run IE in 360 sandbox as well, see if it starts slow.
    Also, bear in mind it is BETA stage, so it would be most appreciated to report your findings to support @ qihoo.
    Also, include your OS, TS number, CPU and RAM, 32/64bit architecture. You will greatly contribute to bugfixing.

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

After all these betas, yet the install still creates two different start menu folders, one which is spelled wrong. Are they every going to fix this?

6. Wellies

Wellies Registered Member

I tried the latest beta on Windows 8.1.1 and found the following issues with it:

* Google Chrome would not start in the sandbox. Once Chrome.exe was added to start automatically sandboxed, clicking the regular Chrome shortcut did nothing. The expected message about the browser starting sandboxed appeared at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen but browser would not open.

* Firefox 31 beta would not start in the sandbox. Clicking the regular shortcut produced the message about the browser starting sandboxed at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen but browser would not open. After a pause, a notice appeared saying that 'Firefox is already running' (it wasn't). 'Close Firefox and try again'. Trying again produces the same message. I'm not in a position to try Firefox 30 at present. It may or may not produce the same result.

* The current release of Pale Moon behaved the same as Firefox.

* Internet Explorer 11 opened sandboxed without a problem but there was no indication at the top of the browser saying it was running sandboxed, although the option to show this was ticked.

* I use a program called 'Jarte'. It makes a good Notepad replacement with a spell-checker. The 360TS clean-up/optimisation procedure removed the preferences I'd set for it and made it look like it had just been installed.

Something that did work well was the 'Self Protection' feature. The 360TS beta installation was monitored by Revo Uninstaller. Having found the points above, I decided not to keep the latest beta installed for now, I exited 360TS and used Revo to uninstall it. All appeared to be OK. However, when the computer was restarted, 360TS was still there. It had disappeared from 'Programs & Features' but other than that, it looked like nothing had happened. I installed 360TS beta again (to put it back in Programs & Features), unticked the Self Protection option and then uninstalled. This worked.

I don't know if the above would be found by other users but just thought I'd mention how 360TS beta behaved on my computer.

7. Stode

Stode Registered Member

Weird, creates only one start menu folder here..

I just tried to run Google Chrome in the sandbox, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit ..
    Chrome starts,but all addons/plugins crash and no web-page opens at all.. (yes,network is enabled)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  8. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Is there an option to remove this facebook tab from the UI?

9. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

I wonder what is the decrease in detection rate if I don't enable Avira and Bitdefender engines? I ask it because if I enable them the AV becomes very heavy on the system.

10. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Please forgive my noob question, but where is this setting?

11. garrett76

You have to select custom mode in the protection settings and from the list enable-disable Bitdefender/Avira

12. Wellies

Wellies Registered Member

Looks like further work is needed in the sandbox department then.

Regarding that 'Jarte' program. I went to print from it and a message appeared saying no printer was installed (there is one). I had to re-install Jarte in the end and then it found the printer. The 360TS clean-up or optimize function really upset that program.

When a scan was being done, several Jarte files were listed as 'unknown'. I sent them for Cloud analysis. Perhaps the problem will be resolved by the time this version of 360TS is out of beta.

13. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Thanks. Btw, is there yet a 3rd active AV engine besides Bitdefender and Avira (e.g., what AV engine is enabled in Performance Mode)?

14. garrett76

There are their own cloud engine and an heuristic one. But I don't know how much effective they are without Bitdefender or Avira.

15. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Here is your answer ~ Link Removed - See YouTester Policy ~
    is very good without.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  16. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I always end up with a 360 security center and a second 360 security "cetner".

17. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Strange, MPC-Kromi runs just fine in Sandbox on Windows 7 64-bit, although it's a Chrome clone.

18. Stode

Stode Registered Member

Strange indeed, cause that MPC-Kromi works also for me, in the sandbox. (Btw,how is it thaaat slooooow.. )
    Could be some Chrome plugin/addon which causes the problems then..

19. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Anyoneo_O

20. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I don't believe so. Not yet at least.

21. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

I'm very impressed. Thanks for the link!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  22. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Somehow the Cloud analysis is working again.

Cloud analysis-2.JPG

23. clocks

clocks Registered Member

That video was impressive, though a windows own screen caught most of the web links, which makes me suspect maybe they were older.

24. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

Correct me if I'm wrong... The Cloud is constantly updated and are 360 signatures. Both Avira & Bitdefender signatures downloaded are at least 2 days old!

25. GakunGak

AV/BD is updated twice per day, every day...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.