360 Internet Security Installation Problems

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bcsman, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Really would like to try this anti virus program but not having much luck. I am trying to install on Win XP SP3 and keep getting a blue screen near the end of the installation process. I have tried 2 different files, the earlier 17 MB version and the "A" version of 174 MB. Both gave me the same result. I have uninstalled my previous Avira and rebooted. Near the end of installing 360 I get the blue screen and it lists a file, bapidrv.sys, the dumps 99 memory files before rebooting. Upon rebooting as XP loads it goes to the blue screen again. Then I boot into safe mode and am able to uninstall the 360 program and everything goes well after that. I don't have any other anti virus/malware programs that run in the background either. Any ideas on what this program does not like on my computer?? I am intrigued by 360 and would like to give it a shot but does not look good at this point. Thanks for any help...

2. WilliamGYW

WilliamGYW Registered Member

We are checking on this, will solve it asap. Thank you!

3. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Thank you, am looking forward to your response....

4. Qihoo 360 Security

Qihoo 360 Security Registered Member

Hi bcsman, I am the support from 360. Could you upload your related dump file in c:\windows\memory.dmp or c:\windows\minidump to some cloud driver and send the share link and description to our support email support@360safe.com

We could look into it further. Thanks!

5. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Thank you, I have a cloud service from Amazon, can you access that without me giving the login information? There are 3 minidump files, very small. Could I just attach them to my e-mail to support@360safe.com ?

6. Qihoo 360 Security

Qihoo 360 Security Registered Member

Sure, please send them to the email. Thanks.

7. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

I have sent you an e-mail with my 3 mini dump files attached to your listed address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.