3567 Does not install on Win 98

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pepegot1, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepegot1

pepegot1 Registered Member

I get an installation interupted message and to try again, but the same thing happens.
    Don't tell me you have to uninstall 2337 Version first! What's up?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pepegot1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try to uninstall build 2337 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image at first.

If that does not help, please download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it;
    -Select Acronis product you are trying to install and hit Remove;
    -Try to install the product once again.

If that does not help, please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;
    - Right-click on the name of the product that fails to install and select Extract;
    - Select the path for extracting the program and click Save;
    - Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name, where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;
    - Reproduce the problem and send us the log file created during the installation.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. skj

skj Registered Member

Same problem here. Apparently there is an issue with Windows 98.

Uninstalling the old build and reinstalling the new one solved the problem for me.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  4. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

To be fair to Acronis, many of todays in-Windows Imaging products do not support Windows 98. Net Framework, MDAC, and the NT Kernal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.