32bit processes in the 64bit version?

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Sir Percy, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

I've noticed some 32bit processes in the Webroot SecureAnywhere beta running 64 W7, seem like a bit of a step back compared to PrevX 3.0.

Or will this get "fixed" down the road in the beta program before launch? :)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

No, this is as-intended. 32bit processes allow us to use the same binary on both 32 and 64bit operating systems. 64bit drivers are installed and the 32bit processes communicate to the 64bit drivers to provide equivalent protection as if we had been running natively as 64bit processes. While we technically could build a native 64bit version, there isn't really any benefit in doing so.

3. Sir Percy

So basicly when you got Webrootified you got sloppy even with that tiny installer you bragged about! :p ;)

I must admit i find it a step back when it already was native in Prevx, but i guess i have to live with it as most would never notice and you know this of course. On the plus side 8.0.0.38 is very nice. :)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

No, it's not sloppy ;) It's now a single installer for both 32 and 64bit OSs and it performs much faster than even the native 64bit Prevx 3.0. Initially, we did make a dedicated 64bit version but there was a slight performance degradation instead of an improvement.

5. Sir Percy

I must admit i don't understand how it could be slower, but i move on hopefully with a soon-ish release knowing you know a "wee bit more" about this than i do. The good thing is that as i said previously: 8.0.0.38 really is very nice/stable and i hope this is just the starting point and you can quote me on that to the rest of the developers down at "Sloppy Joes place"..... :p ;)

P.s. Please don't take offence Joe, i'm a Miami Dolphins fan and anyone with current NFL knowledge should know it can be a test on any man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.