3 License Keys - Doing PC Upgrade Do I have to re-purchase?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by 0bsidian, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0bsidian

0bsidian Registered Member

I purchased a 3-pack of ESET Smart Security around the holidays because I have 3 computers in my house. So far I've only installed ONE license on my home theater PC.

I'll be upgrading the computers in my home within the next two weeks. This means of the 3 computers I have, I will be dismantling 2 and doing part swapping that is common with computer builders like myself. Except for my laptop I've built all my PCs myself for over 10 years.

These two PCs will NEED to have new OS (fresh installs) on them. Not an issue with me since I own full copies of the OS's on them but I was wondering what will happen to my licenses for ESET. I see no way to 'revoke' my key on a computer before I format the entire thing and start over.

After this computer upgrade I'll be installing ALL 3 of my keys that I purchased.

The thing is ... ESET will inevitably register that I activated this product 4 times (if all my OS installs go smoothly). Will this be an issue?

My computers will always reside at my home. I'm not trying to screw anyone out of money for keys either. I'm just trying to figure out a valid upgrade path with all the software on my PC. As I was going down the uninstall list this was the next one to verify before I can mark it off my order of events.

Will I have any issues using this software if only 3 computers ever have it installed at once?

I don't want to be flagged as a pirate for upgrading my PCs.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

It works by "current machines requesting updates" not the way you think it works. Basically at any one time you're only allowed to have 3 machines downloading updates with that license, allowing you to move the license to a different pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.