3.1 "success" with Win98, I WISH

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by William Randall, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Randall

William Randall Registered Member

If I wrote about all pertinent facts on this subject, I know most people would be calling for curtains on this (my) act long before I could spit it all out.

So, this is a much abbreviated version for all interested parties.

Running Win98, 128 MB RAM, 450 MHZ processor, approx. 2/3 HD space free.

Points of interest:

1.) Uninstalled/reinstalled 3.0 and 3.1 so many times I've lost track of whether or not I maintain my sanity.

2.) Can run 3.0 with NO problems whatsoever - EXCEPT, as all know, we can't UPDATE this version

3.) Found that I can install and "run" 3.1, BUT, I virtually have to ONLY do ONE operation at a time while being off of the comp and allow the process to take all the time it needs to complete AND many times, if I violate any of the above rules, I have to do the three finger salute to STOP SB because it is taking up too much system resources or whatever that I can't do a damn other operation.

SO, QUESTION for all the technosavvy persons:

Do you recommend that I go through EXTREME PAIN IN DA a** and keep this version on my comp, OR, uninstall 3.1 so that I can run 3.0 with NO such PITA crup with NO update capabilityo_O Thank you.

William

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I do thank you for being patient - I think I'm fairly close to a fix for this issue.

I'm not sure if you've e-mailed me at bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com or not, but if you haven't could you please do so? (and reference this thread and your user name in the subject line so it's easy to find) :) I'll send off a beta version sometime soon (with any luck) to see if it fixes the problems.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. William Randall

William Randall Registered Member

Mr. Javacool,

Thank you for being THE most responsive software developer I've EVER encountered.

Thank you too, for you personal repsonse to my problem.

I've complied with your request and said info is most probably there as we speak. :)

William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.