About Puran Defrag Free

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sweater, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Thanks for the information about the new version.

I have an error message while installing it, more precisely, the installer says some .chm file is corrupt. Anyone having the same issue ?

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

did you remove the old one or try to install over the top of 7.1?

3. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I have used puran defrag and it is good. It is safe to use check drive for errors before defrag option to avoid file corruptions. I always use simple file defrag to avoid loosing system restore points. So I uncheck options such as PIOZR that move and consolidate files and free space.

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Over the 7.1 (licensed version) using the installer for the licensed version (I got it quite before the free version came out)

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

What a shame. I have a hard time understanding why many developers have a problem supporting a different DPI setting. They never seem to test anything other than the normal 96 DPI setting. I was hoping this was fixed since they made the GUI sizable. I'll report this too. Maybe they'll fix it some day. Sigh

Al

6. Yakuman

Yakuman Registered Member

You can relieve yourself of the sigh because I just received a reply back that it's fixed and to download the new version. Since I'm not at home right now to test it, can you or anybody confirm it's fixed? If it is, that is some swift support :D!

Update: Confirmed that new version (although the number is not indicated as such on the website or in the program's own 'About' screen) has fixed the 120 DPI glitch :thumb:.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. TraumaDoc

TraumaDoc Registered Member

And yet it still deletes restore points during boot-time defrag

Why won't these moronic makers be explicit with big bold letters, colored text, warning boxes, etc. that state clearly that you WILL lose ALL your restore points during boot-time defrag regardless of cluster sizes, etc.

Damn pathetic nobody can work this out...

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sadly though that IS NOT just puran defrag... they can be the only ones singled out here

9. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Does it delete the restore points even if all additional operations are unchecked?

10. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Using the Pro version here. I observed that it does delete all restore points when you do a boot-time defrag in Windows 7 with PIOZR checked/unchecked. Anybody experienced this...?

On XP SP3 it will not delete the restore points "if" PIOZR is unchecked.

Auslogics has a VSS compatibility mode but has no boot time defrag.

11. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I've only enabled "Optimize directories", so far it hasn't deleted any of restore points, it seems it skips anything under "system volume information" automatically, I've done boot-time defrags too.

Attached Files:

12. Mrosen7542

Mrosen7542 Registered Member

I did the boot time defrag for the first time (this evening) with the free version with the first three Additional Operations options checked (PIOZR unchecked) and all of my System Restore points were deleted. I wish I would have known about this before doing the defrag. I checked to see if Puran Defrag created a restore point (after the defrag) and that's how I noticed the deleted restore points. I'm glad that I checked, otherwise it would have been some time before I knew they were deleted. There is no mention of this in the Help file. Luckily my system is in top running order and I simply created a new restore point. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
    Mark

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.