2925 items have protection disabled no matter what I do.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by twophrasebark, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twophrasebark

twophrasebark Registered Member

2915 items (now 210) items have protection disabled no matter what I do

I never had any problem with Spyware Blaster until today. I noticed one item was unchecked in Restricted Sites.

I tried turning Restricted Sites off and then turning it back on. Now more items wouldn't check. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spyware Blaster. It showed all items as checked. Then I reran Spyware Blaster to be sure and then 2925 items wouldn't check. Even when I manually checked an unchecked item, Spyware Blaster just unchecked it.

I tried "Disable All Protection" and then re-enabled all protection. Finally Internet Explorer has 110 items disabled and Restricted Sites has 100 items disabled.

Virus scan with Avira does not show any problems on computer. Also when I try to update Spyware Blaster it says Error Connecting to Update Server. But I tried from a different computer and Spyware Blaster connects to server fine.

I have run every kind of virus and rootkit program I can find. Computer appears to be clean. Somehow my Spyware Blaster is corrupted but uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't seem to help

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

3. twophrasebark

twophrasebark Registered Member

Thanks very much. This worked perfectly. Happy Holidays!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.