$28 App Lets Anyone Spy On Private Webcam Feeds

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Minimalist, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Damn, another site that doesn't like ad blockers :(

What's the name of the app?

3. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Everytime I see that name forbes I think of ads and malware - so......

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It doesn't name the app. However, you can do the same by going to insecam.org without having to download an app.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Strange, uBlock Origin on default and I get to Forbes with no problems.
    As roger mentioned, app is not named.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Tough.

If they don't like it then they need to stop cramming all that disruptive garbage and sign up with a less intrusive ad producer.

I personally have had it up to my neck with the way adware cramming is in full swing now and totally trashing websites or rather the sites are letting this happen and you know that has to cost way more bandwidth (which is throwing bandwidth straight down the drain) and driving traffic in the opposite direction.

Hah ha In my portable browser that highly restricts stinking javascript, many and I do mean many websites come up with all sort of excuses demanding "you must disable adblocking and turn on javascipt" notices and they can kiss my royal because I am 100% fed up with cable TV lunatic commercials and website crap, BOTH of which I wish there was a new law to outlaw then both and demand they form dedicated websites and TV channels just to be stupid and foolish all on their own.

This crap is ruinous but more power to all the people/users to add all the severest blocking of the ads they can shove at those idiots.

7. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Any ads AT ALL just has the opposite affect on me. That is, THEY DON'T WORK. PERIOD. I suspect I'm far from the only one.

8. Stefan Froberg

Stefan Froberg Registered Member

Thanks! :)
    Much easier than using shodan and trying to crack login/password (if not default one) with hydra

9. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

Opera 12 with adblock plus is totally immune to Forbes anti adblocking but the same can't be said of any Chromium browsers.

It is amusing that so many people have cameras in their private spaces that they are unaware of or don't know how to control. I have a couple of internet TV webcam apps but they mostly have cams on beaches I'd like to be on but can't afford to go to. Watching a sunrise on an island in the Indian ocean is quite relaxing.

10. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

There really is no telling how many people are being spied on especially those with security systems that include internet accessible cams.
    As for beaches and sunrises/sunsets, just come down to Florida, you won't be dissapointed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.