2259 restore CD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by backman, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backman

backman Registered Member

I just made a new backup because I was getting ready to try something that had pooched my system before. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. As before, my system responded by failing miserably.

Out comes the new 2259 CD to do a restore (backup verified under WinXP SP2) and 2 minutes into the restore I got an error message, "E00070020 The archive is corrupted." It failed to restore multiple times with the same error message before I tried the 2247 CD, out of desparation. Bingo! I'm back! No problems at all.

This is the first problem I have ever had with any TI version (except the known image browsing problem in one of the version 8 builds. 859 or 889, I forget?) Just lucky I had kept the other CD. I have no idea what happened on the 2259 CD, but I'll stick with the 2247 for now.

Thought someone would like to know.

Terry

2. mustang

mustang Developer

I had the exact same problem with a restore under the 2259 Rescue CD. It said the image was corrupt.

I did some interesing testing:

1. I was able to successfully restore this image created with TI9 2259 using a TI8 903 Rescue CD.

2. I was also able to successfully restore this image using the TI8 BartPE plugin. This is great news for users of the BartPE plugin.

mustang

3. backman

backman Registered Member

I didn't even think about the BartPE plug in because I've never had to use it. I had all my previous rescue CDs lined up ready to try each one. I just didn't have to go back very far. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.