2014 Free edition - not sure which back up to use

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Clive Richards, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Clive Richards

Clive Richards Registered Member

I want to create a back up of my C:\ system drive (quite small as all my data is on other drives) that will enable a complete system disc recovery using an optical disc to boot. I want to update this every two days but with some kind of incremental back up that is quick to run and only adds or removes changed content.

My instinct was to run the new VD back up but from what I can see there is no option to schedule updates and the incremental update seems to run the whole thing again when I only want changed activity so that I can go in at any time from optical disc and restore the whole drive to its state on the last known good date.

I was able to do this before with Paragon and am wondering if I should forget the VD back up and use the standard back up. I normally create a new full back up about every three months and just want incremental data between these.

I am running Windows 8.0 - and I have worked out how to create the correct optical drive but just need advice on the back up to use. If VD back up is better and the paid version would give me what I want then I don't mind purchasing - though I don't need this for my data back up as I use pure-sync to give me a mirrored back up of all my data

Would welcome suggestions for the best back up routine to use

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.