2012 Olympics.

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowbound, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Announcement Wednesday in Singapore,

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/london2012/story/0,14213,1521208,00.html

According to info in the link, this is the short list, Paris, London, Madrid, New York and Moscow.

I heard David Beckham is in Singapore to push for London to host. I'm not sure how that's going to help but hey, to each his own. ;)

What do u all think?

Good luck to all cities. :)

snowbound

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It doesn't matter to me where they hold the Olympics as long as they are safe and are conducted well.

3. snowbound

Yes, safety is always of upmost concern as well as coordinating the games in good fashion. It makes no nevermind to me either where they are held. ;) :D

Looking forward to China in 2008. :cool:

snowbound

4. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Yaaay! Looks like London won their bid. NY is screwed up enough w/o trying to cram in a few more 100k of people.

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I think the Vote was rigged...without a doubt....why would these people award the Games to us in the UK knowing full well we don't have the infrastructure to cope....our public transport is virtually at a standstill, our Railways are still in the 1950s as far as maintenance goes and our Road systems where obsolete even before work on them started.....we have to start building all the required facilities in the next seven years, there's a laugh....they've been trying to build the new Wembley Stadium for the last three years, the cost has escalated well beyond the original estimate and there is still no firm agreement as to who will foot the Bill yet??!!

Why on earth would they give us the 'Pleasure' of spending millions we don't really have on facilities that the other Countries already have in place??

We apparently can't afford our National Health Service, we can't afford to keep Hospitals open, we can't afford to pay our O.A.Ps a living pension even though they've been paying into it all they're lives.....Yet we can spend Millions on a War we can't win, we can spend Millions on other Countries problems........I really despair at the inane logic of it all........

I personally think we have been taken to the cleaners.....and yet conned into feeling we have won a Victory...........Time will tell........

Cochise, :cool:

6. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Muahahahahah!

Finally us Colonials are about to get revenge on Bonnie King Geo (the someteenth) for forcing us to dump all that fine "Earl Grey' into Boston Harbor. The US Reps, Tom Cruise and Oprey Winfrey were specifically instructed to stick it to the Brits and a fine job they did too!! Up the Republic
    as some of our other Allies might quip!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  7. snowbound

Blame it on Beckham. He was obviously the trump card to London getting the games. :rolleyes: ;) :D

snowbound

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Exactly Carruthers.....the Damn Colonials and Frenchies THINK they have done for us again....Damn they're eyes......

Will we ever be forgiven for whuppin' all comers, in the New World, the Frenchies..(Remember Waterloo and Agincourt) the Bosch or Kraut, (Two World Wars).........The Map of the World should still be covered in the 'RED' that way peace would have reigned in all the Countries ruled by Good Queen Bess.........(or else).....Once Great Britain allowed all these wannabe Places to rule themselves..........well, the state of the World now speaks for itself...need I say more....you know it makes sense........all you Countries that have lost your way....give up your Independence (It isn't working) and come back to the safety and stability of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth....be honest, you would all love to.........Bend the knee, bow the head and pay homage to this little Island set in a silver Sea that once ruled two thirds of the known World.........You never know, one day, the British Gun-Boat may suddenly appear on YOUR horizon......Be afraid, be very afraid.....Hell hath no fury like an Englishman scorned......... :D :D :D

Come on, own up, who's pooped his pants just thinking about the abilities of the Englishman......remember the Faulklands.....you could be next........ :D :D

9. snowbound

We finally gave u guys the boot in 1982, :D

The final British Act of 1982, the Canada Act, provided for the termination of the British Parliament's power over Canada and for the "patriation" of our constitution. Under the terms of the Canada Act, the Constitution Act, 1982, was proclaimed in Canada and "patriation" was achieved.

Well sort of. We all still bow to the Queen. ;) :D

snowbound

10. big ed

big ed Registered Member

I'm afeared you be mistaken.... it's 'Bend It Like Beckham' and I don't think that 'The Donald' (Trump) was invited!

11. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Chise, Did I read you right? 'Hell hath no fury like an Englishman"!

Running hard in the Colonies, ed

12. snowbound

He was probably there to toot the horn for the New York bid but we all know where that ended up. :D ;) :D

snowbound

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I must admit.....I did have to smile a little, nay, laugh out loud, when. during the British Presentation, it showed poor old David doing a Crossword... :D :D :D :D :D....Gimme a Break.....he couldn't spell it never mind do it........I realise, without a doubt, when I see David Beckham speaking and supposedly representing ME how far down the slippery slope this Country has gone........... :D

And then, to top it off, in interview, to say that he would like the Games to come to 'His Manor' ('Manor', meaning an area covered by the Police Flying Squad in an old TV Programme).....The word, 'Cringe', really didn't fully state my feelings at that moment........... :D

14. big ed

big ed Registered Member

I feel your pain Chise (Hee hee).

Too bad His Majesty Pres. DeGaulle isn't still around. He would have demanded that the Event be held in Paris! What mere mortal would have dared defy him?

Play on, ed

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'll tell you who ed my Mate.....the French people who tried to blow DeGaulle away, that's who........... :D :D.....If good ol' Charles had had his way we wouldn't be in this utterly corrupt EU to-day......Bring back 'Scharles'...all is forgiven..........we don't care if he did absolutely nack all in the War that deserved him becoming Le President........at least, to his credit, he tried to keep us out of the EU with his 'No' Veto.......... :D :D

PS. Non of this is Political...just jocular repartee...... :D :-*

16. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Aaah Cochise, Cochise, Cochise....

I tried to warn you guys about the EU thingy. The haves decided that the havenots had too much of what the haves wanted. You did get some shiny new coins though! Now we have NAFTA or something like that which removes the temptation from the havenots to ever thinking of wanting anything that they are never going to get because the haves want it all. Clear enough!!

Besides, whats this w/the Andy moniker. How would it look if there was to be a big pow-wow w/the Great White Father and you were announced as Chief Andy. Doesn't quite have the savage ring to it! What does Paint have to say?
    Better stick to Cochise when you are around the Bravettes. Especially Running Deer.....hubba..hubba

Play on, ed

PS...Ah yes.....Chief Mikey has a much better ring to it!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.