2009 - Edit and Create not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by VorlonShadow, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VorlonShadow

VorlonShadow Registered Member

I just upgraded to version 2009 the other day. It says that there is 30 days free tech support, but no mention of how to obtain that support. Anyway...

My problem is this: After installation, it brought over my scheduled tasks, and one of them ran without a problem last night. One of them did not run, and it said it was because of a username/password problem. However, when I right-click on the task and select edit, nothing happens. When I click on the task and click the "Edit" button at the top, nothing happens. So, I figured I'd just create a new task and delete the old one. I went through the steps to create the new task, and when I was finished, there was no new task present.

HELP!! I am running without a backup schedule, which isn't good!

Jesse

2. VorlonShadow

VorlonShadow Registered Member

Here is some additional information. After closing the program and re-starting, I went into the Protection State option and created a full backup task. It then brought me to the Task screen, and I found not only the new task that I had created, but the one that I had created before. I was then able to delete the old one that was imported that was not working, however, one of the other old ones that was imported before is still there. Since that one seemed to work, I didn't mess with it, but I find that I still cannot edit it. Another distinguishing thing about this is the old item is listed under "Custom tasks", and has no icon beside it where the new one is under "Backup", and has a clipboard icon beside it.

Should I delete the other task under "Custom tasks" and re-create it? Even though it seems to be working?

Jesse

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is a known probelm with some imported tasks. Best thing to do is actually delete them and then remake them in TI 2009.

4. Pennhaven

Pennhaven Registered Member

That's nice. If it's a known problem, why hasn't it been fixed?

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's quite frustrating to pay for an "upgrade" and then find I must waste time recreating tasks that were working just fine with the earlier version!

Telling customers they must redo their work in order to use a product they have purchased with the expectation that it will actually provide them with some value for their money is not a way to keep those customers. In this instance, by any reasonable standard of logic, Acronis should be paying me for the inconvenience they've caused, not vice-versa.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Umm, I'm not employed by Acronis, so I'm not telling you to do anything.
    You are free to ignore me or even jump off a cliff if you wish, I'm just stating that this is one answer to the question.

6. Pennhaven

Pennhaven Registered Member

My apologies for misdirecting my frustration. Thank you for providing whatever assistance you can offer.

7. johnnyz

johnnyz Registered Member

I'm having the same issue and just upgraded yesterday from version 11.

Come to think of it, I had this issue when I upgraded from a previous version to version 11 a while back - I was not able to edit any of my tasks (or they just didn't work), so I had to delete them all and start over from scratch. And now with 2009 I'm getting the same thing - this is a major inconvenience since I have at least a couple of dozen tasks defined for backing up multiple drives and partitions spanning across several home PCs and laptops.

I think this is a pretty inexcusable error and unless Acronis gets this fixed very soon (and 'soon' don't mean 6 months from now) I guarantee that this will the THE last time I ever upgrade this product!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.