2009 Doesnt Find My SATA Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jasper2344, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasper2344

jasper2344 Registered Member

Hi all. Need some advice. I am using TI2009 i went to do a restore this afternoon only to find that when i used the boot disk Acronis only finds my IDE drive to restore to and not my primary which is a SATA drive. Can anyone help as it finds the SATA to make a back up, so i cant understand why it doesnt find it for restore?

Thanks in advance.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'm assuming you made the backup in Windows and all was well but the boot CD can't find the SATA drive. The reason is the CD is a Linux environment and a weakness is the lack of drivers for all hardware especially newer hardware.

You could try the command in II of the above thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

be careful of the spellings.

If that doesn't work then you can raise an official support ticket with Acronis or better still, it seems, is try their Live Chat which gets fairly good reviews. They may need to provide you with a different .iso to make a special CD.

The other option is to make a BartPE or VistaPE CD which is a Windows environment and one that you can load drivers for if it doesn't directly support your hardware.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jasper2344,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

First of all make sure that you are using the latest build (9646) of Acronis True Image Home 2009. Use this link to download the latest build. Don’t forget to recreate Acronis bootable disc and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists try to boot using safe version of Acronis bootable disc. You can download Safe Media from your account under registered products. Also try BartPE bootable disc, you can download plugin for BartPE from the same location (My Account -> Registered Products).

To create BartPE bootable disc with Acronis True Image plug-in you should download PE builder from this link.

For additional information about BartPE use this link.

If the issue still persists I may recommend you submit support request or contact us via Live Chat. Attach the following info to support request:

1) Boot from the latest media created;
    2) Hit the ESC key when "Loading kernel.dat....." string appears.
    3) After you get the "boot: " prompt, please input the following command:

kernel.dat initrd=ramdisk.dat ramdisk_size=55000

So, the boot line will be:

boot: kernel.dat initrd=ramdisk.dat ramdisk_size=55000

Press Enter and wait till the command prompt appears:
    / #

After that please type the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /dev/fd0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo26.txt
    umount mntdir

Send us the sysinfo26.txt file from the diskette.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.