2 TrueCrypt volumes lost after partitioning

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Inasoup, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Inasoup

Inasoup Registered Member

Hello everyone. I had some important data in my 2 truecrypt partitions. I decided to use the unallocated part of the WD-passport external HDD for windows backup. But windows for no reason chose to re-partition the whole 2TB HDD instead of using the un-allocated space. And so I lost both the truecrypt partitions.
    There were 4 partitions in the drive 2 encrypted and 2 unencrypted and some un-allocated space. I tried to recover the non encrypted partitions using miniTool Partition Wizard and it retrieved one of the unencrypted one. I am ok if I loose the other unencrypted one.

Attached is the partition table:

https://preview.ibb.co/msWx6Q/2017_04_16_18_23_00_Mini_Tool_Partition_Wizard_Free_10_2_1.png

2 truecrypt encrypted partitions lie between the starting of the disk and till before the "64 K CS E" partition. There were no empty space anywhere around those disks. I don't know the exact disk size but the 1st disk
    was just less than 1 GB and the second one was a bit less than 400 GB. The partitions were NTFS after being mounted but the partition Id was changed possibly to Novel partition type(0x51 - Novell), to avoid a windows popUp for formatting the encrypted drives that popedup after every mount.

I would really appreciate some help to recover the partitions. Even a single partition recovery would be really helpful.

What I've tried:

Running miniTool Partition Wizard to find partitions. = No truecrypt volume found, but found 1 unencrypted disk
    Running testCrypt with default settings on. = No truecrypt volume found
    Running testDisk = Didn't find unencrypted partitions with default settings

Again, any help would be much appreciated. I have some really important data in there.

2. Inasoup

@dantz if u can help, I'd really appreciate that.

3. Inasoup

bump. No one? I can pay some money as well if anybody can help me with this.

4. Inasoup

Any help from any experienced member would be much appreciated.

5. Inasoup

300 views and still no takers. Somebody help me man. @dantz help appreciated.