2 scannings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Fidelius, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

Hello,

Something strange happens with automatic scanning. The schedule is on mondays and fridays at 06:00 pm and the scanning will be done if it has not been done during 48 hours. The first scan starts at 05:00 pm (I did not ask for it) and the second scan starts at 06:00 pm (OK) each monday and friday. In the window on the left of ESET GUI (analysis of the computer), I can see the 2 scannings, one at (for instance) at 90 % and the other at 50 % !
    Why do I have an extra scanning one hour before o_O
    I have Nod32 4.2.67.10 and Windows xp 32bits Home.

Thank you.

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

What targets are set to be scanned with the scheduled scans you've added? Perhaps the scanner is hanging on a file or file type that it is unable to read. You can view the on demand scan logs by clicking Tools > Log files (when displaying advanced mode), then choosing On demand computer scan from the drop down list in the main window.

Is there a reason that you are scanning the computer with a on-demand scan so often? Typically we recommend only scanning when you think the computer is infected, or about once a month as a regular routine. Scanning multiple times a week is simply not necessary with the way our client protection is designed.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Create a new scheduled scan, and how to run the new scan It is suggested that you remove your current scan schedule as they appear to conflict.

4. Fidelius

I am asking for a deep scanning, all files of my 2 hard drives are examined. Some files are very packed and Nod32 is slow unpacking them so I removed these problematic files. There more than 200.000 files.
    The reason is I am surfing much on internet and I sometimes try some suspicious programs...

5. Fidelius

I have installed again Nod32 and set up 3 weekly in-depth scans. Following the BlackSpear's settings, I have set the value to 200 hours if scan has not been done to avoid overlapping. I am currently running a smart scan and will look for the log. Thank you for the link and I will tell you if everything runs fine.

6. siljaline

Assuming the scans you have set do not overlap, I see no problem, everyone scans in slightly different ways.

7. Fidelius

The log file did not find any viruses. Only an alert (4) Pagefile.sys and it could not open some files from SpYbot : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdobeFlashPlayerCookies2.zip » ZIP » sbRecovery.ini - File protected by password.

8. siljaline

Create a SysInspector Log and submit to ESET for analysis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.