2 question's

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by metallicakid15, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

i have both bitdefender 9.5 adn kaspersky personal(lastest version) which one is better for realtime\on demand.

and is the new bitdefender antispyware module that was added today to the standard and pro of the antivirus the same thing as the antispyware in the internet security?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

between the two, id prefer KAV as resident even if its slow. it has very high detection rates and updates wont affect the resident process (unlike BD).

3. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

nah after trialing kav, my comp dont like it for some reason i stick with bd since i already have bd license

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, KAV for certain. ;) It has always been the best. See av-comparatives.org

Anyway BD has made really big updates but I don't think this is a significant improvement. :)

5. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

KAV, bitdefenders slowed down my pc to a crawl, but this was probably just a unique experience :cautious: , at least hopefully. Also bitdefender is annoying in that its gui always restarts after an update, which will grind your pc down to a halt. In addition, every time I tried to uninstall bitdefender, I would get a BSOD. So I had to do another install over it, then uninstall that, which to no surprise did not uninstall cleanly. (Done with rant)

Also, KAV has better detection, and the new version is VERY promising, so I would take Kaspersky anyday. Also the frequent updates are a major plus.

Alphalutra1

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have to agree with Alphalutra1 in that BitDefender is a little messy. The reloading of itself after an update is problematic sometimes. I have seen it actually crash when doing that, and hence fail to restart, leaving me unprotected. I've also seen numerous errors in event viewer as well, indicating that things are not quite right and smooth. I like BD in general, but think it's a little rough around the edges. My experience with KAV is minimal, but I can't help but think it's probably more reliable than BD. Also had some uninstall problems with BD which left a mess forcing a reformat. I couldn't reinstall and remove it either. So my system was hosed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.