2 Questions (and an obsevation)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Grumpy, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy

Grumpy Registered Member

The answers to these questions may be in the UI, but can't seem to find them.

My biggest irritation is the popup that pops up if a threat is found, and scanning stops until an input is received. Is there a setting that can make it continue scanning, and allow you to deal with the problem later?

How do I set specific scan targets for specific days, ie. Drive C on Mondays, D on Tuesdays etc. instead of trying to scan the whole computer at once - a task that can take up to 9 hours (see my biggest irritation above)

EAV seems to be having problems scanning files wrapped in the Bitrock installer. To rename a Bitrock file can take up to 8 seconds. Moving or copying even longer. Disable EAV and the action is almost instantaneous - just an observation.

Hein

2. SamSa

SamSa Eset Staff Account

You can disable the pops up in the Setup option. If you bring up ESET and do a F5, this will take you into the Setup Menu. Under "User interface" is where you make that change to disable the alerts. In the same location, you can choose "Advanced Setup" for more options.

For the custom scan you can create a scheduler/Planner for a specific target.

1. Open ESET and change your Display to "Advanced Mode" from the bottom left corner.
    2. Choose Tools and then "Scheduler"
    3. Do a "Add" and select "On-demand computer scan"
    4. Create a name for the task and choose "weekly", then "Next" button
    5. Select "Time" and "Day", then "Next" button
    6. Select when to start the task, then "Next" button
    7. Then you should be able to hit "Finish" and then select your target drive.

Cheers,

SamSa

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume you're either not using v4 or have set the cleaning level to no cleaning.

4. Grumpy

Grumpy Registered Member

Thanks, that was simple (and I can't even claim to be blonde). At the scheduler I never went past the finish button, because I expected the drive choice to to come before finish.

Oh, the cleaning level is set to no cleaning. I prefer to choose what gets cleaned and deleted. A few months ago EAV decided that my favourite game, Bubbleshooter, is a trojan, and that the only solution is to delete it. I had to put it in my exclusion list.

Thanks again - Hein

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.