2 questions about ESS4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Football, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football

Football Registered Member

I have got two questions as far as the ESS4 is concerned.

1. What is the difference between "Disable real-time file system protection" and "Disable Antivirus and antispyware protection"?

2. Why should I have enabled the option "Rescan quarantine files after update"? If a file is a false positive, will it be automatically restored to the original location?

Thank you in advance

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

1) Real time is real time only, not web protection, document protection, email protection etc. The 2nd option disabled all.

2) No, that will only happen if ESET tell it to in an update. That function will simply change the text that appears in the quarantine. But it didn't work in v3, and I doubt it works in v4 either.

3. Football

Football Registered Member

Thank you for your quick reply.
    Could you please explain further what do you mean by saying "That function will simply change the text that appears in the quarantine."? Also, ESET flagged many files as Win32/Kryptik.JX a few days ago and the false positives were automatically restored with the update 3919. If somebody had disabled the option "Rescan quarantine files after update", wouldn't the FPs had automatically restored?

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yes they would, because it has nothing to do with that option, which doesn't even work, it's a broken feature. I can't explain further, because it really is that simple, it changes the text of what you see as the infection of the file in the quarantine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.