2 prevx.exe's running

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tigerfish0303, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerfish0303

tigerfish0303 Registered Member

Good day,
    I'm using the prevx free monitor. Currently I'm having this trouble with my PC where from time to time its operation slows down to a crawl rendering it impractical to use, so I look in task manager and I notice that there are 2 prevx.exe's running. Is it normal for 2 prevx.exe's, 1 under System and another under my admin account, to be runningo_O I turn off prevx from the tray icon but the prevx.exe that is under my admin account keeps running. Also I find that when I scan with prevx, before scans ended in 10 mins and this was too slow according to the moderator who answered(sorry, I can't remember who it was) but now it takes about 45 mins.-way slower now. I can't demand since I'm just using it for free but could you tell me the reason why this is so.

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Yes 2 prevx.exe's are running on my system. I am using 3.0.1.65 paid.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Two prevx.exe are indeed normal, but your scan times are far too long. Could you save a scan log by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results and email it to report@prevxresearch.com ?

We will analyze it from there and see what could be causing the slowdown :) If you could also let us know what hardware you run on, that would be very useful to help diagnose the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.