2 entries disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Classmate, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classmate

Classmate Registered Member

I believe I have this latest SpywareBlaster version...but what concerns me is how is it that I can reboot into Safe Mode...run various anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-virus, programs, etc...use CCCleaner, Look2Me Killer, CWS Shredder, etc, and a few days later find that the SpywareBlaster program now indicates to me that 2 protections have been disabled! And it is always the same two protections that are disabled: that against coolwebsearch.com and searchmeup.com, how is this happening?

Is this disabling of these two protections a necessary part of the functioning of certain other programs such as CWS Shredder?

I personally don't think so since when I run my Aluria anti-spyware it always indicates the same spyware: coolwebsearch, with 2 components.

Any information and assistance regarding this situation would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Classmate

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Correct me if I am wrong but those 2 entries are Spywareblaster Restricted Site entries :doubt:

After you scan with Aluria does it give you a report of where in the registry these items are found o_O

If it is in the below registry location....Aluria is Falsely reporting valid entries placed there by Spywareblaster as part of it's Restricted Sites protection and every time you have Aluria remove those entries it removes SB's protection for those 2 items.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.