2 emails on pop can i

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi there i use incredimail...and have my own pop email..and isp on Adsl..!! I want to add another email account to my IM, but its a pop one? can i have 2 pop email addresses in my IM? it seems i can recieve the email from the second pop but when i go to send it wont?? i can use the web2mail thing but i like to use the stationary in IM !! Any help thanks MD :doubt:

or is there an application that can allow to send /recieve multiple POP emails.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi maddawgz,
    As with most email clients you can define as many pop email accounts as allowed.
    My email client Barca uses 5 POP accounts and one Gmail account to check and send on. :)

Did you define the outgoing server in Incredimail for your second account?
    Maybe the Incredimail Help Center can help you to find the solution. ;)

It's been some time since I used Incredimail, so I'm not really sure what's going on. :doubt:

Edit: Have a look at this page.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  3. maddawgz

Hi Elder im on ADSL with current provider so got my mail obviously set up in IM for that.. then i go to add another but have to put in there pop.smtp . etc.I can recieve from the second account but not sendo_O through it..while using my primary adsl account . perhaps my current Provider wont let me send /check other pop accounts?? not sure y or if there is way round it...MD

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Your ISP's smtp will send mail from your second POP account all you have to do is set up the pop address of the second mail you want to use on incredimail. I use thunderbird mail client and it is very easy to set up multiple accounts.

5. maddawgz

hi big c i put in the second details duz it automaticaly like pop.for smtp says
    Mail.$$$.$$$ etc.. pop password in all done
    recieving is ok but when i go to send just woont perhaps my current provider wont let me..not sure?

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The best way to find out is to give your ISP's support a call and ask them what you have to do to configure it. ;)

7. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I would follow the advice of BigC to find the settings.
    Also when you try to send does IM give you an error message? o_O

Best to ask at your ISP. ;)

8. maddawgz

ok figured it out for anyone else who wants 2...

u set it up using the other provider details only thing u change is the outgoing SMTP as thats ur current provider only use that to send?? rest like password etc..is the other isp .MD :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.