2 av's and 2at's at the same time

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by reynaerts, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reynaerts

reynaerts Guest

I wonder, I have intel P2-2.8 HT with 512 ddr at 400mhz. Is it possible to use 2av's and AT's at the same time. and which one should I consider. because when I read the superiour WILDERS forum, I see a lot of KAV IS PERFECT BUT A LOT OF IMPACT ON SYSTEM and NOD32 also good and few IMPACT ON SYSTEM;

HAD ANY ONE TRIED TO USE 2 AV - complementary??

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

2 av's are no problem as long there is only one as on-access scanner (guard) running. Main problem with most av's at the moment is that it takes some manual changes by the user (registry, services) to keep them running smoothly together.

I for example use NOD32 as on-access scanner and KAV as on-demand. No problems (but before scanning with KAV you have to stop AMON otherwise the scans are taking endless times).

wizard

3. kloshar

kloshar Registered Member

F-prot for windows + NOD32

It works well.

4. optimizer

optimizer Guest

thanx for reply. I installed KAV 4.5 pro as on access and nod32 as on demand. Seems to work flawless. very satisfied of both on them. I used to work with nav but I get some errors with messaging. I like to tweak so kaspersky is like the best av you can tweak.
    I am now searching for some extra antispyware utilities. I have PP, spycop, and spywareblocker. Does anyone can help me out?? thanx in advance

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

6. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

in my experience its impossible to run the kav real time monitor if any other av is installed (even if its not running)

wizard: shutting down amon is probably very easy, but if u want u can use nncron from http://www.nncron.ru/ and set it to automaticly terminate amon when the kav.exe is started. nncron is a fantastic little app. i use it for all kinds of stuff, for example to autoupdate my kav and drweb as soon as a connection is detected, and to autoterminate startupmonitor when i run defragmenter pro plus - cos dpp needs to add a startup entry to the registry..saves a few mouseclicks :)

7. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Yes NOD32 is one of those programs that could be easy make "workable" with other AVs. I was just thinking more in the directions of such "nightmares" like McAfee (installation wise, not detection wise ;))

wizard

8. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

In my experience, KAV RTM is ok with another AV installed, but not ok when the other AV is scanning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.