2.70 to 3.0 upgrade problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ogsi, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

I have a working 2.70 environment
    I've upgraded 1 client to 3.0.566 and both RA Server and Console
    I see all my 2.x clients on the Console and updates go through
    the 3.x client doesn't get the updates (I do see it at the RA Console)
    any ideas?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , your 3.x is not updating because it cannot use v2's Mirror . v3 uses different files and needs its own Mirror.

Use the RAC and goto Tools -> Server options -> Update -> and enable the mirror function . Then configure your v3 client to update from where the v3 Mirror is created .

Open Start->Programs->ESET->ESET Remote Administrator and read the Manual to learn more how are things working with v3 and the new RA (there are some differences)

3. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

thanks for the tip but I'm still a bit lost...
    RAC is on a different server (then the Update Server and the 2.x Mirror)
    when I select "create update mirror" nothing happen - no updates are downloaded and I tried both local RAC disk and remote (current mirror server) location.
    once I point the client to teh web it is updating but I can't figure how to create this second Mirror

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Honestly , what I suggested I haven't tried yet . In v3 there are two ways to created Mirror (1-via the EA/ESS itself using a .lic file , 2-via the RAS/RAC)

I tried the 1-st one , and it works here (when I confirmed , I asked me to download stuff) .

Don't know how is the second way supposed to work .
    You can try one another thing -> to update one more client on your network with v3 and use one of the clients to created the Mirror . Open the Advanced Setup Tree -> navigate to Licenses and insert your .lic file , this will enabled the Mirror . Then goto Advanced Setup Tree -> Update section -> "Mirror" tab and similar to v2 configure with the HTTP server way

5. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

that is exactly what I did:
    clientA was installed with the licence and a Mirror was created. I can see the update files in that folder
    clientB's update tab point to that same folder but won't update...

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Check the firewall and update settings - with default config firewall must allow incoming communication to 2221 , 2222 and 2223 TCP ports (as far as I remember)

7. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Just uninstall 2.7 and get rid of all left over entires. Then install 3.0. Worked great for me.

8. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

non of my network PCs have a firewall on

9. ogsi

ogsi Registered Member

are we talking Mirror updates or just simple client?
    there is no problem with the client installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.