2.5 External Enclosures that Work with TI 9 Boot Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by huntnyc, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Using TI 9 2337 and Gateway m680 laptop, I note that my MAPower 2.5 USB 2.0 enclosre works fine in backing up in Windows XP Pro SP2. But, the TI 9 boot cd seems to run restores at USB 1.1 sped. I have tried two other enclosures of diferent kinds and the same is true. Although I can use the BartPE disk, I would really love to simply be able to use the TI 9 boot cd if there was any 2.5 USB 2.0 enclosure compatable with it. Any input would be appreciated if anyone is able to run their laptops successfully at USB 2.0 sppeds with TI 9 boot disk, I would really like to know what enclosre you are using and thanks.

Gary

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Just curious – How is using the boot CD easier that using the BartPE CD?

3. DeLorean

DeLorean Registered Member

Hellooow,

i use the USB 2.0 enclosure from Idream an
    these works like a charm on every desktop and laptop i
    have work on :cool:

Greetz
    DeLorean

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

One of the things is I don't like the behavior of how TI 9 automatically reboots the computer after imaging is done - something apparently Acronis has done I think rather than any plugin developer.

And, I do not see why it is so hard for a company like Acronis to make compatable boot disk that would work with a variety of USB 2.0 2.5 enclosures. No issue with Norton or Terabyte other companies that do not have this problem.

Gary

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello huntnyc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that your Bootable Rescue CD is created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If the problem still persist with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please keep your external USB 2.0 enclosure connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of both your external USB 2.0 enclosure and the hard drive that is connected to the computer through this enclosure;

- How much time does it take exactly to create\restore an image?

- What is the exact size of this image?

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Could you please clarify when the computer reboots exactly? Please describe actions taken before the computer reboots step-by-step. Let us know whether the computer reboots when you use Acronis True Image 9.0 from under Windows, Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.