1st Defense Error Code 1117/4117

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Steve Dover, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Dover

Steve Dover Registered Member

I have used 1st Defense for about seven years (XP and Vista). On Vista, I have most recently been getting error codes #1117 or #4117 (via the Activity Log) whenever I attempt to make/(or export an existing) snapshot. The Error Code reads “The copy engine terminated unexpectedly”; i.e. it is impossible to make new /(export existing) snapshots to an Archive (on another HD).

Has anyone solved this problem? I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1st Def, but I still get the Error Code and can not make new/(export existing) snapshots. Obviously, something (in the registry?) must be left over after the uninstall, and "it" screws up new application after the re-install; i.e. I get no where with a standard reinstall attempt to solve the problem.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

THe fix suggested in the link above did work but .... the error stemmed from a damaged files system because the disk (1month old) was failing.

I suggest you run chkdsk and check the health of the disk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.