1and1.com billing nightmare

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Durad, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

They have a feature called SimpleSEO for web site optimisation, its 90 days free. After that its $5 monthly ($4.97).

So anybody would expect to use this feature 90 days free of charge.

but

I started this feature 3 times and few days after I got invoice that I am charged $15

They told me that they charge that currnet month and 2 months ahead because that is their policy..... The only way to cancel this is to cancel from control panel. OK, I went to control panel but only availabel option was to cancel these features after that 3 months that they already charged. (no 90 days free service as advertised)

grrrrrrr

I called them second time, this time there was a new agent that does not know anything about my case and is unable to transfer me to the agent that I was talking before.
    This guy told me that he will cancled these if I provide him with my password but that he will charge me for the first month, again no 90 days free as promissed.
    I feel that team of experts is working in background to create ways to charge people for nothing. They know that nobody will sue them from $10 and they try to take it from you. If 5% of customers pay them these $10 they will make big money, that is their philosophy.

Anyway just wanted to warn people here what scammers they are!

2. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I use 1&1 in the UK - I assume it is the same company. I had web site with them for a few years then closed it down because it was no longer needed for business. They handled the whole process very smoothly and gave me a refund for the unused time with them.

I have always found them easy to use it you give them the time and follow their methods.

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I have used them for a number of years and have and continue to be very happy

4. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Well, I'll be the spoiler. I HATE 1&1. They use the auto-renew to swindle (recently started sending notices after ordered to by ICANN.) It seems their USA operation is much worse than on their home turf European roots. They take advantage of USA's "pro-business" laws and stick it to you.
    You are complaining about their favorite trick, btw. The "trial" with no way to cancel.Try this link: http://www.1and1sucks.info/
    This guy actually wants to get something done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.