12 hour restore, lost S/N help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fawcekj, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fawcekj

fawcekj Registered Member

I purchased online download of TI-8 build 774 back on Dec 3, 2004. Installed the software. and made a backup of my PC. now my PC crashed the hard disk, and when I try to restore from my Maxtor 120GB external USB2 drive it is taking 12 hours to run. I went to the web site to find a posible fix, and find out that I can't get the site to reconize my current email address. tried old address and still can't log in. I could have sworn I registered but now not sure. To make matters worst I can't find any paperwork with the S/N on it.
    Help!!
    IBM Thinkpad T23
    Windows 2000 SP3
    internal HD 30gb
    Data was about 15gb
    I also tried to get a scandisk USB 256mb flash drive setup as a rescue boot disk. TI said it created it OK and my thinkpad says it can boot from a USB drive, but when I try to boot the USB rescue disk, it goes to a blank screen with blinking cursur never says it is loading Acronis.
    Thanks,
    Keith

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Look for your serial number in the Startup Guide.

Also send a email with the exact version you purchased and any proof of the purchase. You can take a screenshot of the "About" screen found in Acronis Help> About to support@acronis.com

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. fawcekj

fawcekj Registered Member

I bought the software online from acronis, and from my email achrive I found a email order confirmation from DigitalRiver, so I don't have a box version, as such don't have a startup guide. anyway I found the digital river email so now have my serial number and have downloaded the latest build 800. unforutnatly I'm 8 hours into a restore of my primary PC, and it says it still has 5 hours to go. So I won't be able to test to see if the new build will fix my slow image / restore problem for a few more hours.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Keith,

I think your Thinkpad has only USB 1.1 ports. With 15GB of data on the hard drive, that's probably why the backup takes so long. You would get dramatically shorter times if you purchased a USB 2.0 PC card. The Sabrent SBT-P2D is an inexpensive card that should work. The Adaptec AUA1420A is more expensive but good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.