1124 shows as 945?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by collisba, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collisba

collisba Registered Member

This is probably a small thing, but when I hit the about under help on TI, it shows that it's V8.1 build 945. When I look under the support info in add/remove programs, it shows 8.0.1124.

When trying to update remote agents, the version numbers are 8.1.945 for the agent and the server.

Since I've updated and then removed/reinstalled the software, I'm going to assume that this was just something missed by the programming folks unless someone here tells me different.....

Brian

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

you are right had the same problem. Had to remove 945 and reinstall 1124 to get it to work.

3. collisba

Another interesting development...

I uninstalled TI completely from my machine as well as our storage server. Reinstalled, still shows build 945 on each. Uninstalled again, then deleted the acronis folder from Program Files, as well as the Acronis reg keys in local machine, and local user. Rebooted, reinstalled.. both showed the proper build.

From there, started pushing out the new remote agent and server to the other 22 servers I have, and rebooted the ones that I can reboot right now.. all of them showed that they were still running 945.

I guess I'll have to go to all 22 servers, and kill the folders and reg keys?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Brian

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software (Enterprise Edition).

We regret to inform you that for updating to 1124 build you need to uninstall previous build and install the new one from scratch. However, it is not required to delete any folders or registry entries manually. Please uninstall all parts of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (or Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation if you have this version) including Acronis True Image Management Console, local application and Acronis True Image Agent. After that please reboot the computer and install the latest build of Acronis True Image from scratch.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. collisba

Bummer. Looks like I'll be a bit late tonight then... only 17 more servers to uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot.

Will there be any issues with images captured or scheduled to a remote agent 945 from a TI Managment console or Image explorer running 1124?

Thanks,

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.