100% Processor Usage during Image Creation?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BraytonAK, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BraytonAK

BraytonAK Registered Member

My images seem to be created successfully and accurately, but I am wondering if everyone else has 100% processor usage during the imaging process? I use version 8, Build 796. I haven't updated to a newer build because the system works and I don't want to risk introducing a new bug.

My imaging settings are to create the image file on a networked hard drive with the maximum amount of compression. (Image files are around 11GB in size.) The process takes a little over an hour to complete.

The reason this processor usage level annoys me is because this is being run on my Notebook, and when the processor is used that much, the noisy cooling fan runs at full speed until the process is complete. Bleh.

Is this common? Is there a real reason for this? From reading this forum, I must be lucky that this product works correctly?! Whew!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello BraytonAK,

I would say what you are seeing is normal. A lot of the CPU activity is due to the compression algorithm used when imaging. On my system, setting the compression level to "None" results in CPU utilisation of <50%. Set any other compression level and the utilisation jumps to 100%.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.